Need advice on buying a new gps!   

Need advice on buying a new gps!

Postby indijones » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:27 am

I'm getting fed up with my Omnitech gps with 64MB RAM and thinking of buying a new one. I've chosen three from ebay. All are Chinese non-branded gps with Android & WinCE OS. I would like to try Android OS since Primo 2 is now available for that but still need some feedback before making a final decision. Here are the devices that I have chosen:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Thanks in advance!
indijones offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:47 am

Unless somebody here actually HAS one of those and wants to comment on it specifically, you are unlikely to get a "YEAH! Get that one!".
Especially from me, and from E-Bay.
On virtual paper, they all look decent. But sometimes, what is described, and what you actually GET from an E-Bay purchase, could be different.
And any kind of after-purchase support could be just a hope or wish.
Some people have VERY good luck and good experiences with E-Bay devices, and some have horror stories.
In general, a WinCE device will be somewhat easier to work with and a standard proven thing (maybe easier to fix the software if something goes wrong). An Android device will be faster (more RAM, etc) and more fun as a potential Mini-Tablet---but this depends a LOT on the quality of the Android device and how good/complete it's delivered ROM is.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core