navman EZY100T   

navman EZY100T

Postby Navcan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:43 am

Hi Guys, Good to be able to come back and post, been trying since the new year. :033:

So I got a Navman EZY100T, I unlocked it, and now thinking to run iGO Primo? Which would be the best version? could somebody point me towards some links and instructions please. I want to do it properly. thanks.
Navcan offline

Re: navman EZY100T

Postby nabi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:17 am

an installation guide : how-to-f128/guide-install-igo-primo-devices-with-windows-core-t3521.html
Programs : program-data-zip-branding-zip-license-f83/

About the best build, there is none, really. Since some time newer builds are builds to fit a certain device type or brand. Differences are minimal and in most cases not noticeable. However it can happen that on a device one buildnumber works better than another buildnumber. (an overview : program-data-zip-branding-zip-license-f83/list-known-igo-amigo-and-primo-wince-based-releases-t913.html)

I would suggest 2.0 build 9.6.5.245577 or 2.4 build 9.6.13.267029. The big (?) difference between 2.0 and 2.4 is that on 2.4 the settings button is placed elsewhere and google POI's can be searched on the internet.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Navcan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:03 am

can you give me the download links of the one you would suggest please? I am a bit lost.. also a map pack for new zealand please from trusted group/builds.

I did a primo installation last year on my friends device which worked great, and then I did another one which didnt work well on my other navman device as the cursor way point indicator would go off and lost all the time, that could have been because of the maps I was using however the forum was down before I could get back here. :022: anyway, that doesn't matter now.. Is the installation the same for these? I insert a memory card (have 2GB one) and then I just copy the primo folder and put the new maps?

thanks..hope fatboy swings by too, he gave me some links last time but I might have lost them.. :)

edit: there used to be a topic, Run-iGO-Primo-2-0-on-Mio-Moov-and-Navman-S-series-(and-some-F-series)-in-ten-steps but I cant find it anymore... link is not working.. found this under mio devices unlock mio-device-unlock-f140/run-igo-primo-mio-moov-and-navman-series-and-some-t8169.html - but seems like a cut down version or something :017:
Navcan offline

Postby nabi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:25 am

nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Navcan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:31 am

nabi can I have a direct download link or something? I kinda am not used to torrents before. if you have a copy pm me the link ...to this version or the one you recommend. I guess my navman should be able to handle a good features version of it. Not that I need too many features like pronounced street names which will slow it down. But most other features should be okay with my device I guess

also, what about that iGO Primo 2.0 (192MB) fat boy has listed on that other topic?? is there a difference between this and the other one you recommend?
I think I gave my friend where it worked fine that but gave me problems in my s100, which could have been due to maps. :focus:
Navcan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 am

The version I posted in my thread is the one I use daily, I never had any problem at all with it.

It works and it's stable enough to be used all day, everyday, so I don't see the point in using a later version at this time.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Navcan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 am

it looked much diffrent on my friends one then on mine, are they different skins for it? oh oh maybe knight rider voices? :lol:

okay, I downloaded that for the how manyth time, will try using it on my one now. do the maps nabi gave me include the pois and everything? seems its missing buildings folder and a phoneme? dont know what for? 3d buildings? also do i need to change any values in it to work with NZ satilites or whatever, I remember on that other forum when I first tried igo 8 on my icn 520, someone said something about changing 2 values or something.

edit: for best results does the memory card need to be formatted to fat (default) or fat 32?

Navcan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:24 am

Under 2GB, either will do. Over 2GB fat32 is best.

Use fat32 when file sizes are likely to go over 2GB
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Navcan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 am

but the map seems to be missing the building and other folders. don't I need those or something? and any other values I need to edit in the reg or notepad to get everything running in NZ?? I recall that 2 values needed to be changed was it?
Navcan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:51 am

iGO will happily run with just the maps installed, everything else is optional.

Get it running first, then worry about other content.

Depending on what version of iGO and who built it, you may need to edit the file "sys.txt", but editing the registry is rarely necessary.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Navcan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:05 pm

I got it running, will do testing later this weekend or next week, but I noticed the explorer inside the navman unlock/wince crashes if I want to go inside the desktop folder??

What edits do I need to make in the .sys file for the your version (the one on the link from the moov topic). I remember I had an edit for my friend cant remember what exactly, I found it on that other forum. Read an old topic of where NTR suggested that

In the Primo sys.txt do you have the following:
[gps]
port=2
baud=4800

I have copied the maps, what else did I need in Igo? I mean I think a few extra features if it can handle it wont be bad for me. buildings etc, where do I get them?

I also set my wallpaper as you suggested on the other forum few years back :)

For future reference probably for myself lol :046:

You can use a wallpaper, create a bitmap (.bmp) at your screen size (320x240), save it on your device in My Flash Disk (NOT on the SD card), Use a simple file name with no spaces!
Find the file on your device called Autorun.reg
Use notepad on your PC to open this file and find the lines...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"=""

Change them to...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"="\My Flash Disk\{NameOfImage}.bmp"
Navcan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:28 pm

FileManCE crashes in the desktop folder, I use Total Commander which doesn't.

You may need to change the baud rate to 57600 as your region seems to have different GPS hardware.

The remaining content should be available in our map section, if not pm filesupload100
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Navcan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:24 am

FilemanCE used to work on my icn 520. Where can I get this Total Commander? is it like the default FilemanCE? How do i set it up to replace FilemanCE?

Will change the baud rate to 57600. But whats the rate for Western and Northern Europe and all of Australia? I want to take the navman with me so wanted to know first before I end up and see the GPS wont work. maybe I'll save the rates in the txt file and change them as I go visit the different regions. :033:

oh and fatboy, what other content should I be able to add without slowing down my navman device? can you link me to stuff you recommend for me? the map section looks puzzling.
Navcan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:04 am

Virtually every device unlock includes total commander, the files you are looking for are cecmd.exe and registry.tfx if you want the registry plugin. Just create a shortcut as normal and run instead of filemance.exe.

The baud rate is device specific, not region specific. If it works in AUS then it'll work in Europe.

You should be able to run all types of content without problems. I will have a look for content shortly...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby filesupload100 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:23 am

You can use the buildings from the NZ Navteq pack.

Content for Europe can be taken from "HERE (Navteq)" or from "TomTom (Teleatlas)".

If you like to use the Dem (Digital Elevation Maps) files for NZ or Europe, get them here.
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core