Myguide 4200   

Myguide 4200

Postby lloyddj » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I had previously installed the Nav N Go Igo 8 software version 8.0.0.41506 on my Myguide 4200 but haven't used it for a very long time. My daughter now wants to borrow it to go over to France and I am wondering if there is a way of updating the maps or would I need to install a newer software version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
lloyddj offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Yes, as you have a very old version of iGO8, you must upgrade to a newer version to use current maps.

Fortunately the install will be easy, just replace the existing iGO application folder with the newer one, and edit the folder name and file.exe name to match the old version.

Then put the maps and other content into the relevant folders and away you go...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby lloyddj » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks Fatboyfun you make it sound so simple, as you have realised it is a long since I did the original but I will have a shot at updating the software as I am sure that if all the Mods on here are like you I will get plenty of help if I need it.
I have found a link to the 8.3.5.220904 version but the file structure doesn't match the present one, do I just go with the new file structure. I also notice that I have 2 application files named "8.3.5.220904-navon-becker" and "8.3.5.220904-worldwide" which one of these do I rename. Finally the package I downloaded doeant seem to have the maps are they a separate download and can you point me to a file that contains all the instructions to get it all working.
Thanks once again
lloyddj offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Just rename the new folder and file exe to match the old ones.

Obviously there's loads of countries in the world, so creating a version with maps for every country isn't feasible.

However, it's just a case of putting files in folders, nothing more.

Do have a look at our tutorial section, everything is explained in detail there.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby filesupload100 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:31 pm

The maps you need are on the maps section:
http://www.navitotal.com/forumdisplay.php?82-Maps-buildings-dem-POI
Don't load too much content at first, just check if the program is working.

Where to put the maps and other content? there is a good tutorial for this at the top of the maps section.
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby lloyddj » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks again, I have started looking around and things are starting to fall into place so I am sure I am going to achieve my objective.
lloyddj offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core