MyGuide 3300   

MyGuide 3300

Postby alekdaone » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Please i need some help with MyGuide 3300 GPS it comes with old software 2007 and old maps 2007 also. In device memory there is folder MyGuide with the program i renamed it to MyGuide2 and created new folder MyGuide and add iGo8 to that folder and iGo.exe renamed to MyGuide.exe and reset the device...now in the menu is see Igo icon and when i click to start the program igo start loading 1-2 seconds and dissapear so when i click again on Igo icon the message box sey that igo is not closed and i should wait or reset the device, please can someone help me and sorry for my english.

Best Regards
alekdaone offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Where did you get your copy of iGO from?
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

The first thing I want you to do is make a back-up [copy] of the device - just in case. Next, whenever you install something new, you must completely shutdown your device, wait a few seconds and then restart again. Doing this will erase everything that is in temporary memory. Now is there a way for you to do a hard reset on your device? This also erases temporary memory.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby alekdaone » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:01 pm

thanks for the replay, my iGO 8.3 is ok tested on many devices with maps 2010.6. The Device MyGuide 3300 is old navigation system with Win CE 4.2 OS without SD card but there is a slot. MyGuide Software in the device is the same with iGo with some modifications...and i can make transfer to devace only with microsoft active synch 4.5...on the main menu there are 5 options bluetooth, navigation, settings, player and games...I think that i can't erase the whole device memmory because the device need to be on to operate(transfer). In the device memory there is folder MyGuide in this folder is navigatons app. just renamed that folder to MyGuide2 (make backup) if something goes wrong..and create new folder MyGuide i put iGo8 in that folder and renamed igo8.exe to MyGuide.exe everything is ok and should work ok. Reset the device and when i click on navigation igo app start loading like the app before but dissapear that loading screen after 1-2 seconds and i am again on mein menu (igo is still active in backgroung) and when i click again on navigation message box sey that the app is not closed and i should wait or reset the device.
I don't know what is the problem but i guess that there is not enought memory to start the app. With the same trick i put igo8 on nokia device with route66 software and everything work ok.
So my question is why igo8 dissapear when start to load?

thanks again
Best Reagrds
alekdaone offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:52 pm

@alekdaone

Sounds like you know what you're doing so I'll just make a general observation. It sounds like you are experiencing a memory problem. I know that you said the same thing so I'll tell you why most memory problems happen. Usually, it's because too much content is being asked of the device as it is trying to start. This is the general "rule." Delete all your .dem files [eye candy only], reduce or delete your building files, reduce or delete your speedcam files, too many maps trying to load, etc.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:58 pm

One of two things are happening here, Either your version of iGO has a problem with your particular device or the device shell for some reason thinks that iGO has closed and pops to the front.

Normally iGO will display an error message if there's a problem so my money's on the latter, Should be easy enough to close the shell with MortScript.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core