Multiple TTS voice   

Multiple TTS voice

Postby Booya » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:13 pm

I'm running Primo 2.4 on my win ce 6 device and all is well. I'm currently using the TTS US english voice working flawlessly, however I want to add the UK english TTS and AU english TTS at the same time so I can switch back and forth when I get bored from one voice. How do I do this.

I tried just copying the TTS voice files in component/voice over but that didn't work as it give me voice not supported during boot up. Ant idea how to get multiple TTS voice install?

Thanks in advance.
Booya offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Do you have the tts engine relating to the voice installed?
This will be in the tts_loq or tts_nua_v5 folder in the root.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Booya » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Yes I do in the tts_nua_v5 folder. The voices work fine but every time I boot up it give a pop up error "unsupported voice" but once I click ok and boot all voices seem to work. Correct me if I'm wrong but the file vautov5.DLL in root and PP.DAT in tts_nau_v5/common/speech/components uses the these same file for each voice correct? It seem each TTS voice folder seem to have their own file with that same name.
Booya offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 pm

If I could butt-in here for a second. Open the voice zip folder and in the "info.ini" file you should add tts_engine="tts_nua_v5" In the sys.txt add:

[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

EDIT: It might be tts_engine="nua_v5" or tts_engine="nuance_v5"
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Booya » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Ok adding tts_engine="nua_v5" or tts_engine="nuance_v5" in the voice zip info.ini file does nothing. It did not list the tts voices in the sound choices but it did boot up without error.

I took the tts_engine="nua_v5" or tts_engine="nuance_v5" out of the voice info.ini files and just left the sys.txt with
[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

seem to do the trick. It boot up without error and all the TTS voices are there and working.

Thank you guys, it's now working great and I can switch back and forth to different TTS language.
Booya offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core