Mio Navman Touchscreen Calibration   

Mio Navman Touchscreen Calibration

Postby egon23 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi,
I have a problem with a Mio Navman 470 device touchscreen. The left side is not working properly, when i try to touch a button it activates the button with one line above. So after all i can reach the buttons pushing a little bellow of each, but not the very bottom line.
Now i dont know if this is a touchscreen or software fault. - Btw this device is unlocked and contains primo 2 what was working fine till now ( fact is still working, jut apeared this touch problem)
I searched the forum but didn't find a solution, despite i found more pages about something similar. I'll post here 3 of them:
1.First One -this is a short and old thread with outdated link to the calibrating software
2.Second One - old again and i din't understand well, but its interesting because Fatboyfun posted that he had the same problem and maybe it can be resolved with the sys.txt. But i need more info .
3.Third One almost offtopic about Tomtom touchscreen calibration, but maybe it has something common with Primo systems, or i`m looking for some similar guide.
egon23 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Within the original software should be an option to calibrate the screen.

Did you try that?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby egon23 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Sry for the delay,

Yes i tryed, but it seems its saved in the ram memory, so after i restart the device i must do it again. - is there some workaround for this ?

If not i made a shortcut for touch calibration and this way is usable, the only problem is that the shortcut is at the bad side of the screen, exactly where isn't sensing corectly the touch, so it would be nice if i could move that shorcut the the other side of the screen. Is this possible? to placing a shorcut in a desired position ?
egon23 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:01 pm

The touchscreen calibration is held in RAM on these devices, as far as i know there is no workaround to save it permanently.

To move the shortcut would be dependent on the unlock the device is running, but should be possible...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby egon23 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:03 pm

The unlock is the method described in the sticky. I searched for shortcut position, but didnt find anything usefull. On the [Please Register or Login to download file] in shotcuts menu is a missing youtube video. Maybe that contained some info.. Well if u know some simple method to set shortcuts position on the screen, knowing what kind of unlock i use, then please share it. If you dont know or its complicated, then lets leave it in this way. Anyway thanks for your collaboration.
egon23 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core