Mio Moov S505 + Igo   

Mio Moov S505 + Igo

Postby kevinjansen » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Dear Navitotal community,

I Recently have received some great help on how to update my Igo version on my Mio Moov S505 and keep TMC settings.
It seems that it worked out fine but it is not working properly.
Also I have a few other questions, regarding Adjusting TTS voices, adding lane view assist on highway exits and some other questions.
First I will give some additional information about my navigation system and it's settings:
Igo Primo 2.4 9.6.13.267029
diMka WA P1.7.1 Skin
Unknown unlock for Mio Moov devices to enable TMC.

Previous thread regarding my system and TMC: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?13348-TMC-Igo-Mio-Moov-S505

I hope that the information I have given is enough, let me know if further information is required.

Then I would like to ask a few questions:
1. My TMC signal is very poor. Maybe this has to do with the standard Mio charger with build in TMC receiver, I am looking for a separate TMC unit with charger capabilities. ( if anyone knows where to buy one or how to improve TMC please say so! :) )
2. Sometimes the TMC icon disappears, when I have the TMC menu active it will say: NO TMC HARDWARE DETECTED ( can this be fixed? )
3. When I click on a traffic event (downloaded through TMC ) the Mio will reboot. The same thing happens when I try to access the traffic patterns. ***[This also happens when setting avoidance like crossing boarders and viewing the special permit sections of a route]*** ( Serious issue I really hope this could be fixed! )
4. The TTS voice Kasandra TTS Pro by Zervdim V8 doesn't pronounce everything very well. ( Can I change some of the words she speaks or adjust the pronouncing of the words? )
5. At some exits of the highway Igo doesn't show lane assist view. ( is there a way to manually add the lane assist for exits? )
6. I have traffic sing warnings enabled but they are sometimes to late i.e. when it says 'pedestrian crossing' I already passed the crossing. ( is there a way to change the warning distance for the sings so the TTS Pro voice says it before I passed the crossing)

I think that's about it. I know that this a lot of information to process but I am very patient and I hope that people could help me with these questions.
Also I would like to say that I am very happy with this community of people that share there experiences and knowledge with other people, it really cheers me and my family up to know that people are still willing to help others out!

I would like to thank everyone in advance for sharing their knowledge and experiences to help me find solutions for these problems.

Kind regards,

Kevin Jansen.

***update 13-07-2013***
kevinjansen offline

Postby kevinjansen » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:07 am

Anyone found a solution for at least one of the problems? This thread is almost a month old and there is still no response.
I really don't want to be impatient but I think there could still be some solutions for these problems.

Kind regards,

Kevin Jansen.
kevinjansen offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Kevin,
It's not that no one wants to answer. It's that no one has the answer. Just so you know, Zervdim's voices are not the best. There have been a lot of folks who have had problems with them. My first question [and most important] would be where did you get the original program? I don't think it was from here. Also, where did you get the unlock? The correct Primo 2.4 program would be this: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12043-iGo-Primo-2.4-9.6.13-Complete-Torrent

EDIT: From what I read in your other thread is that a prior version [1.1] worked successfully. Maybe you should go back to that. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Also, didn't I read in your other thread that you got TMC going?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core