Magellan 5045   

Magellan 5045

Postby mikec73 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:38 am

Hi,
I just got a magellan unit (runs a version of igo), updated it and that slowed it down. company says to send it in - the software is corrupt. Can anyone point me to a good copy of the software. I know igo itself is not this slow.
Maybe there are some good hacks out there as well? (like how to turn on the speed limit signs) thanks
mikec73 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:48 am

mikec73 wrote:updated it and that slowed it down. company says to send it in - the software is corrupt.

That might be unlikely..if the software was "corrupt", it probably would not run at all.
Did you look here?:
Programs
Just about any version of iGo that you might want to try...don't know what you currently have, or what might be most appropriate for your device.
You may also then need (newer?) maps or other content from here:
-Maps-buildings-dem-POI
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mikec73 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:12 am

current mag. software is different file structure than primo. it has app folder, map folder ubs, usr, sys folders and several misc files in root. Navigator.exe resides in app folder and is apparently set by rom as only autorun type file. I attempted to place root files of igo in app folder, renaming primo.exe to navigator.exe
I was going to leave other primo folders in root. unit did not run primo instead gave me a usb to computer icon (cannot run with usb connected, so it was disconnected at time) after thinking for some time. replacing only mag. app files and run resulted in special icon gone, normal usb connection screen restored, and running gave message stating it needed to restart to improve performance, saving data.
not sure exacting what files need be left and what added to run igo on this unit.
have read that program is based on igo2006 but has some primo features.
i would still like some magellan hacking info.
thanks
mikec73 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core