Loq Voices in Primo 2.4   

Loq Voices in Primo 2.4

Postby exflyboy » Tue May 21, 2013 6:11 am

Hi guys
have been testing Primo 2.4 for the last couple of weeks now, after sorting out a couple of problems with missing files (see my previous post) all seems to be working well. What I did find though was that the Nuance voices seem to be a little bit 'trembly' so I decided to try the Loquendo voices from my Primo 2.0 setup which worked fine. After copying all the relevant files and making sure that I had csv enabled in sys.txt I find that although the voices show up in Primo 2.4 they don't work. Is this now a feature in Primo 2.4 or am I missing something here. Also if anyone has a fix for the 'trembly' voice I would be grateful. System running here is Chinese unit with Windows CE5 and 128Mb ram.
exflyboy offline

Postby chas521 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Did you follow my instructions in the blue box here?
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?912-TTS-voices-and-components
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kamoteka » Tue May 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Loquendo (v6) voices will not work in Primo 2.4, it seems that under Primo 2.4 loquendo voices are no longer supported. There were loquendo V7 voices that were posted somewhere that are supposed to work with primo 2.4, but only under wince 6.

So if you have wince 5, you are stuck with Nuance voices if you're using Primo 2.4. What do you mean by "trembly"? I use Primo 2.4 with Samantha (US Nuance) and it seems fine. My device is a generic gps with MTK3351 cpu and only 64 mb of ram under wince 5 O/S.
kamoteka offline

Postby exflyboy » Tue May 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi kamoteka
thanks for the reply, I thought that there may have been some explanation. By 'trembly' I mean that the voices seem to judder and tremble only on some commands, I am using gb Serena but I must admit that I haven't tried any other voices yet. I was wondering if there were any other TTS gb Nuance voices other than Serena and Daniel
exflyboy offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core