Load Route   

Load Route

Postby theWolfTamer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:49 am

I have a custom route saved in the /userdata/route/ folder with the .kml format. I've used this feature many times on igo8 and primo 1.2. I got a new device because my old one had issues I was too lazy to fix. I put Primo2 on it and now when I try to load a route, those options are greyed. I know the route is there. Has something changed from 1 to 2?

ETA: I used [Please Register or Login to download file] to create the route on my desktop.

Thanks,

pd
[Please Register or Login to download file]

[Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]
theWolfTamer offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby theWolfTamer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:01 am

Never mind. I saved it as the wrong type of kml file. I got it working now.

[Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]
theWolfTamer offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 pm

I see that you're from the US. It's my experience that iGO8 works well in the US. Some Primos not so much. Primo 1.1 is the only Primo nav that works well here. P 1.0, 1.2, 2.0 and 2.4 not so much.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby theWolfTamer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 am

Thank you for your answer! I've been using these for a few years now and haven't had too many issues with the programs themselves.

This time in converting my route, I selected google .kml format instead of igo .kml format. Once I rewrote the old file and put it on the device, no problems. Actually the version I have now 2.4 I think works the best for my needs than the others.

As a motorcyclist I specify my routes more than have the program do it for me. It's been great about getting me re-routed when I decide to change on the go. The route is more important than the destination for me. :D The same device has igo8 on it so if I have problems with the primo, I can always use that instead. At one point, I had a card that had the Garmin, igo8, and Primo on it. My new device will likely end up having a similar setup.

When I used Primo2 this past weekend, it interpreted the route exactly the way I built it in RouteConverter. I could find places along the route with relative ease, and at the end of the day, It got us un lost after I made a turn that I knew was wrong for where we wanted to be. The whole time I had clear audible instructions in the speakers in my headset.

From reading these forums, I'm not sure that I qualify as a typical gps user. I just want the thing to produce the same route as the one I made on my computer using Routeconverter, Tyre, or any other type program. Those programs allow me to share the route with my other motorcycleing buddies so we all know where we're going.

theWolfTamer offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm glad to hear that Primo is working for you and your buddies. It's been my experience that Primo has me making some unnecessary turns that kinda takes me out of the way. It does get me there but still.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core