Latest Red Light Cameras   

Latest Red Light Cameras

Postby camaro69 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:36 pm

How would I get a red light camera added to the list?
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby chas521 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 am

Open up the redlight file with Notepad. Get the coordinates for the location of the new redlight and follow the format of the previous entries. Save the new redlight file before exiting. I would suggest that you delete everything [except custom files] except for the text file in content\speedcam and then completely shutdown your device. Wait a few seconds, restart and let it create the necessary iGO files. Only happens the first time.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 am

That is one way.
There is a way in iGO (and Primo?) while driving by pressing an icon, then a menu shows where a choice is given (red light cam, speedcam, speed, ....)
Because I never used it, I am not sure (here and now) how to do it and if you need a skin for it.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby camaro69 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 am

nabi wrote:That is one way.
There is a way in iGO (and Primo?) while driving by pressing an icon, then a menu shows where a choice is given (red light cam, speedcam, speed, ....)
Because I never used it, I am not sure (here and now) how to do it and if you need a skin for it.

Interesting. Maybe I'll check this one out first.
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby chas521 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:49 pm

You should know that doing it the other does not make it a permanent part of the .txt file but rather a .spud entry whereas my method does make it a permanent .txt file entry. It will work but just wanted to give you a head's up. Bearing this in mind, you can also do it this way. AFTER you get a satellite lock, at the menu do an address search as if you were ready to navigate. During the process, you will come to a window that asks if you want an intersection. Choose yes and insert that part of the address. Select it and you will come to a window that has "more options" - the window that asks if you want that as a destination. One of the "more options" will be to save it as a camera. Select that and go from there. Just know that this method will also only make it a .spud entry.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:31 pm

It make no difference what so ever if the entry is part of the txt file or not. All entries, however added, will be gone after renewing the speedcam.txt file. ;) Unless the new entry is part of the new txt file. Right?

From the iGO manual

Saving Road Safety Cameras
To save the location of a Road Safety Camera, place the Cursor at the desired location, then tap the following buttons: cursor - more options - save as camera

Note!
This button is not displayed when GPS position is not available or if you are in certain countries where Road Safety Camera warning is prohibited. Even if the button is available, you are responsible for checking whether it is legal to use this feature at your location.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Yurbuh Yuggly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:36 pm

chas521 wrote:You should know that doing it the other does not make it a permanent part of the .txt file but rather a .spud entry whereas my method does make it a permanent .txt file entry.

Very true.
And that's what SpeedcamUpdates.spud is for. I keep this backed up, and when updating the speedcam.txt (which requires deleting the spdb file to start over), I leave the SpeedcamUpdates.spud in place and it's always ready to go with no extra work to add my 'custom' speedcams.
Yurbuh Yuggly offline

Banned Users

Postby chas521 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:40 pm

nabi wrote:It make no difference what so ever if the entry is part of the txt file or not. All entries, however added, will be gone after renewing the speedcam.txt file. ;) Unless the new entry is part of the new txt file. Right?

Depends. Updating and saving the speedcam .txt file will make it a permanent file. So if you change programs all you have to do is put the .txt file in content\speedcam and let iGO create its files. You should always back-up the .txt file and the .spud file [if you have added something]. Then you would also add the .spud file to content\speedcam.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Yuggly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:44 pm

nabi wrote:Saving Road Safety Cameras
To save the location of a Road Safety Camera, place the Cursor at the desired location, then tap the following buttons: cursor - more options - save as camera

Also true, but far easier with a skin--just drag the map to the desired location, tap where you want the camera, and choose "Add Camera" from the popup toolbar (then, depending on the skin, choose the type, direction, and speed limit).
Yurbuh Yuggly offline

Banned Users

Postby chas521 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Yurbuh Yuggly wrote:Also true, but far easier with a skin--just drag the map to the desired location, tap where you want the camera, and choose "Add Camera" from the popup toolbar (then, depending on the skin, choose the type, direction, and speed limit).

What skin[s] would you recommend for this?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Yuggly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:06 pm

chas521 wrote:What skin[s] would you recommend for this?

For Primo (I currently use 1.2) I prefer the diMka 1.31 release for purely a few cosmetic reasons, but the GJ_AK_SkinPack_v3.9.0 features this as well in a slightly different way. The Primo 1.1 diMka (1.1.5) is nearly identical to the Primo 1.2 release.
When I was using 8.3x (if I remember correctly), the last diMka-Megaduck had this as well. I never really tried any other skins in 8.3x for long enough as the included unreadable without a magnifying glass micro-info bars and 'head of a pin' buttons drove me nuts. Literally. Almost off the road a few times.
Yurbuh Yuggly offline

Banned Users

Postby camaro69 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:26 am

Have to look at my system tomorrow.

I could have sworn that somewhere within the settings of IGO8.3 it will tell you the sat settings at that location.

Guess I could use that to set the red light camera.
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core