Intermittent loss of GPS signal   

Intermittent loss of GPS signal

Postby Joburgtaxi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi

I seem to be getting an intermittent issue where occasionally IGO Primo 2.0 looses the GPS signal for no apparent reason. Sometimes it comes back quite quickly and sometimes it doesn't even after a reboot. It is NOT an issue with satellite visibility as there is nothing blocking the receiver on the dash and it is clear blue sky.

Any ideas welcome, I know some have some settings in their sys.txt file but as I do get signal most of the time I am not sure that putting anything in the file is going to fix an intermittent problem.

Thanks
Joburgtaxi offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:29 pm

A GPS lock is "it either works, or it doesn't", an intermittent lock (particularly if it worked ok before) could be hardware related, if it's an in dash device, check the antenna connection and cable, if it's portable it might be a loose wire leading up to the GPS module (if separate from the main pcb)

But first check the GPS settings and rename the save folder to check for corruption and baud rate mismatch, (delete the newly created save folder and rename the old one back to restore)
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core