Installing IGO8 on - MEOS MC701B DVD+GPS 1Din in car   

Installing IGO8 on - MEOS MC701B DVD+GPS 1Din in car

Postby anipsl » Sat May 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi first post,
I have been trying to install iGO8 onto my in car satnav for a while now without success.
It's WinCE 5.0, Res 480x234, i have tried many variations different builds, sys txt changes, branding zip's etc but still no joy. I read NABI's posts with interest to shed some light on what's going wrong.

When you press the Navigation button some times nothing happens and other times get error messages.
Also tried it through Mio unlock, that got it to the splash screen and that was it.

I tried to d/w NABI's 2DIN work around but the links don't work.

Any help/suggestions most welcome..........

anipsl..........
anipsl offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby chas521 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:54 pm

anipsl wrote:Hi first post,
I have been trying to install iGO8 onto my in car satnav for a while now without success.
It's WinCE 5.0, Res 480x234, i have tried many variations different builds, sys txt changes, branding zip's etc but still no joy. I read NABI's posts with interest to shed some light on what's going wrong.

When you press the Navigation button some times nothing happens and other times get error messages.
Also tried it through Mio unlock, that got it to the splash screen and that was it.

anipsl..........

By any chance did you look here?
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?909-Double-din-2Din-GPS-How-to-install-thread
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Sat May 22, 2010 5:12 pm

anipsl wrote:Hi first post,

anipsl..........

Hi,

The links do work, The 2Din base files have been downloaded 38 times now,the other files all have been downloaded several times. The only possible conclusion is that from time to time, links do malfunction. Be patient and retry.

To your device: it's CE5. What was the message? Maybe it is related to the path the navigating button uses to start up te original nav program
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby anipsl » Sat May 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanx chas & Nabi.
Yes I've read through the link you mentioned. The path is SDMMC\iGO8\iGO8.exe from the config settings YFAUTORUN, also changed the sys txt to app = SDMMC/iGO8 but on pressing Navigate on the satnav it just goes back to the desktop.If I can get Nabi's d/l should that work.

I have tried the same s/w in my pna and it loads straight away. Both are WinCE 5.0.
Am I doing something wrong?????

Cheers.............
anipsl offline

Postby chas521 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:01 pm

anipsl wrote:Thanx chas & Nabi.
Yes I've read through the link you mentioned. The path is SDMMC\iGO8\iGO8.exe from the config settings YFAUTORUN, also changed the sys txt to app = SDMMC/iGO8 but on pressing Navigate on the satnav it just goes back to the desktop.If I can get Nabi's d/l should that work.

I have tried the same s/w in my pna and it loads straight away. Both are WinCE 5.0.
Am I doing something wrong?????

Cheers.............

Just keep trying.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby anipsl » Sun May 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi,
Just to thank all who posted with help in loading iGO8 to my in car satnav. I think I've managed to get it working using the FULL RESOLUTION package posted by M.I.I a big thank you to him and loading it through Miopocket.

Now with it being a car satnav is there a way of the s/w overiding the radio/cd when the satnav gives you directions. With the installed s/w Sygic 7 the radio/cd mutes when the satnav gives a direction. Is this at all possible with iGO8.

Also with it now working through Miopocket is it possible just to load it through the SD card i.e \SDMMC\iGO8\iGO8.exe - I have tried it this way, before I tried it through Miopocket but didn't work. The trouble with Miopocket is, it needs to install itself everytime the car satnav is turned off.

Thanx again.............
anipsl offline

Postby nabi » Sun May 23, 2010 3:41 pm

anipsl wrote:
Now with it being a car satnav is there a way of the s/w overiding the radio/cd when the satnav gives you directions. With the installed s/w Sygic 7 the radio/cd mutes when the satnav gives a direction. Is this at all possible with iGO8.

I presume not.
Some installs did not have that problem, other installs did. One of our old friends - Lovely - did research on this. He hasn't joined here yet (under that name) so for now, there is no conclusive answer.
I suspect the clue is to be found in the Windows registry, since most nav programs do install and register in Windows,with the exception of iGO.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby adrian80 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi
I installed iGO on my 2DIN device (actually is a 1DIN device with 6.5" display with 480x234).
Everything is working fine, but, the arrow/cursor is very big (almost half of the screen).
How to do this smaller?

Thanks
adrian80 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:54 pm

adrian80 wrote:Hi
I installed iGO on my 2DIN device (actually is a 1DIN device with 6.5" display with 480x234).
Everything is working fine, but, the arrow/cursor is very big (almost half of the screen).
How to do this smaller?

Thanks

Here
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1231-strange-problem-IGO-car-symbol

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrian80 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks
Mine were deactivated ( ; ).
thanks again
adrian80 offline

Postby kabral » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 am

hi I want to put iGO8 on my GPS. What should I do? i have MEOS MC701B DVD+GPS 1Din in car.
Thanks!
kabral offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:40 pm

kabral wrote:hi I want to put iGO8 on my GPS. What should I do? i have MEOS MC701B DVD+GPS 1Din in car.
Thanks!

First, you have to read the prior posts in this thread.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core