Installing iGO or similar core on a WinCE 5.0 PNA   

Installing iGO or similar core on a WinCE 5.0 PNA

Postby ec99210 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a bit trying to avoid a redundant post but everything I found relating to my problem is a bit outdated, so here it goes:

I have a ViaMichelin X970T PNA (specs below) that is now a bit useless since this company decided to go out of business and they won't sell updated maps anymore.

From what I've read, the iGo core has been sucessfully used in similar (slightly less powerful processor X960 version) hardware.

Ok, so basically I want to install another core on my PNA for which I can find updated maps (Europe, and more precisely Spain). If you can guide me a bit, telling me what to use for unlocking, which version of iGO to use, any customizations required, etc... I'd very much appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

*****PNA SPECS ******************************

Source: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Dimensions 108 x 80 x 20
Display Resolution 320 x 240
Display Size 3.5
Features Rotating base for windscreen mounting
Warranty Length 2 Years
Weight (g) 155
Battery Life (minutes) 180
Bluetooth Yes
GPS Features Hotel and Restaurant Recommendations, Practical Addresses, Tourist Locations
GPS Receiver Details SiRF Star III Technology / Traffic Information Broadcast by RDS / TMC
Installed RAM (MB) 65
Installed ROM (Mb) 128
Interface USB 2.0
Max No of Colours (thousands) 65
Operating System Windows CE.net 5.0
Processor Speed (MHz) 400
Software Provided ViaMichelin Navigation 6.5
Speaker Details Integrated and additional car-cradle loudspeaker
Memory Card Compatibility SD Card (My original card is a 2Gb SDcard with full Europe coverage.)
Colour Display Yes
ec99210 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Have you seen this?
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?4940-HOW-TO-INSTALL-iGO-PRIMO-ON-A-VIAMICHELIN-X960
"since writing the tutorial i have found primo 1.1 to run better on the viamichelin than 1,2. Primo is very intuative & easy to use is much better than the viamichelin software, the only functionality thatb u may lose from the x-970 is the traffic information broadcast.
catsmokey "
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core