Installed Latest New Zealand Maps but country showing as _n*   

Re: Installed Latest New Zealand Maps but country showing as

Postby JmaCWQ » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:58 am

Those releases are usually a few months behind the actual dates from what I remember, seems they still are - maps-buildings-dem-poi/australia-new-zealand-here-2022-t23016.html#p188683 :lol:

No doubt they will turn up here once they're out and about on the web.
JmaCWQ offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby BlueyZarsoff » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:09 am

Well, I am located in Australia & installed the latest Australian & New Zealand maps update today using Naviextras Toolbox.
But now when I start the SatNav in my vehicle it says I am in New Zealand.
I don't have an option to change back to Australia because iGo just displays the one country of New Zealand.
Even when I setup everything for Australia in the region settings it doesn't make any difference. And a reset doesn't help either.
Soon as I try to search for a location, under country it shows New Zealand & Australia is not listed.

In my opinion iGo was pretty crappy anyway, always taking me on wild goose chases and getting me lost.
But this is crazy, How can a Satellite Navigation program get it so wrong? Like New Zealand is 2,500 klm away from where I am.
Nothing else I can do now except wait for advice for Naviextras.
BlueyZarsoff offline

Postby BlueyZarsoff » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:39 am

Well, I got it sorted.
I completely ditched the iGo primo version that I was using (which was either the 2013 or 2015 version).
It always was hopeless software (for me anyway) from day one. User input was garbage,, always in slow motion, it was full of glitches, had no sound other than for voice, and it used to freeze regularly, in fact I hated using it.
"So, to cut a long story short",,, I Nuked all of the old crap including the SD card & downloaded the latest software & maps, but this time I put it on a new 32GB SanDisk SD.
Then I simply changed the path to show the new iGo.exe location so the Head unit could find it and everything is fine again now.
I did the exact same process before other than for replacing the SD card,, but no matter what I did it just would not show Australia as my Country. The Aussie maps were there, but when I looked in the units region setting it displayed them as inactive content
Anyway, it's all fixed now & I am a happy camper again..
Also I gave up on waiting for Naviextras help, it took three weeks before I even got a reply from them which was just generic mumbo jumbo that was no help at all.
BlueyZarsoff offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about iGO core