iGOPrimo 2.0 9.6.200490 for BeckerActive50   

iGOPrimo 2.0 9.6.200490 for BeckerActive50

Postby atomantmk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Today i have installed and tested iGOPrimo 2.0 9.6.200490 on Becker Z205, works without problems with all new maps and speedcameras.

How to install on your Micro SD card:

Copy folder Primo2 to the root of your memory card

Rename application navigator to Autorun

Enjoy in your trip
atomantmk offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:57 pm

I too have been playing with this...since before the "cracked" release became available.
And the following is my take on it....for what it's worth.

There has been much speculation ('hope', even) that this is a full example of Primo 2.0 for PNA devices.
Even the build string (9.6xxx) follows with the purported build string of the successor to Primo 1.2 (build 9.2xxx). But at this stage I remain skeptical for a number of reasons.

Overall, this Becker Build installs and runs fairly easily on a 480x272 PNA device (with appropriate horsepower and memory) with few adjustments needed. About the same as the latest build of Primo 1.2. Most content (voices, languages, maps, POI, DEM, etc) from Primo 1.2 are fully compatible. No third party enhancements, though. In particular, any skins or schemes or Car Cursors for Primo 1.2 are simply ignored.
So is this a "Beckerized" version of Primo 1.2 (or even earlier), or really the new Primo 2.0 under the hood? Difficult to know for sure. Voice Recognition (voice command/control) seems nowhere to be found except in theory--much as before, but even less visible. Customization is almost non-existent. This is more a trait of Becker software than it is any standard NNG version of Primo.
The Beckerized User Interface is one that will either be loved or loathed, but the jury is still out on whether this is how Primo 2.0 is supposed to look or not.

Primo 1.2 Nuance TTS Pro voices import and work just fine....in a limited way. Zero TTS-Pro options to speak of (pun intended). But I find it truly odd that the TTS voices that apparently ship with this release are the older CSV-type voices which basically became extinct with Primo 1.1 in favor of the Nuance "pure" LUA voices. So is TTS Pro (a favorite feature in Primo 1.2) even fully functional? It appears maybe not. Which maybe explains the lack of Voice Recognition and advanced Driver Alert vocalizations. Some people report that there is evidence in the data.zip of support for Loquendo voices (even older than the CSV Nuance voices in Primo 1.1).
Why?

No built-in music player--though the bones of one appear to be there, it does not work.
[color="#FF0000"][New Edit][/color]
[color="#FF0000"]To be fair, the music player DOES work, but only plays *.wav files. No mp3, no flac, etc. And at about 600 MB+ for a *.wav complete song album......ouch![/color]
No abilities to access External Programs have been found so far.
The day and night sky effects are very pretty, but overall, the visual experience could be called downright primitive compared to Primo 1.2 combined with a current skin.
[color="#FF0000"][Another New Edit][/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Ways have been found, by others, to improve the 'skin' with a workable Back Button and an Exit button on the Main Screen. Also to include (one only, no list of choices) a 3D Car Cursor with various edits including sys.txt. But overall it still feels.....below expectations.[/color]
So is this an example of what we are to expect when a Non-Becker version of Primo 2.x for PNA becomes available?
I don't know, but I hope not.

But all this is just my opinion.....I could be wrong.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby spirover » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:39 pm

I been trying to get it to work, all seem ok and interface looks very nice, except cannot lock on any GPS with or without sys.txt entries:think:
spirover offline

Postby spirover » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:20 am

I managed to resolve the issue, should have read the installation notes
they read: Copy folder Primo2 to the root of your memory card then Rename application navigator to Autorun
removed all the original sys.txt and used Sys configurator and all is fine now, need skins and cars for sure, to make it complete.:yahoo:
spirover offline

Postby miomoshe » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 am

I can't make it work. when it gets to the point that it load the languege it fails.
miomoshe offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:11 am

miomoshe wrote:when it gets to the point that it load the languege it fails

If your system can run Primo 1.2, it should be able to run Becker (Active or Ready--depending which patched version you got and from where) 50 without too much difficulty as long as:
1) Your device is 480x272...this Becker version is single resolution only, and adding additional resolutions is more complicated due to the fact that it uses a Becker customized EXE looking for a Becker customized file structure and data.zip.
2) You have not added anything incompatible such as any content/voice/language files from a Primo version prior to 1.2, or anything from iGo8x
3) You blank out the sys.txt that came with it...or substitute a minimal working sys.txt from Primo.

PS. Except if the intention is to run this version on Becker hardware (replacing another Becker software version), it is not necessary to change the name of the EXE to "Autorun"...like all iGo products, the EXE can be named anything...including whatever it may be to make it compatible with any menu system you may have.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby liway » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:28 am

Tried to run on a generic WinCE 5 machine (can run Primo 1.2 smoothly) following all procedures, including renaming navigator to Autorun and with a simple workable SYS.txt.

First trial:
stopped at loading language. After adding back the original languages (German, Turkey, &?), adding English, then delete the "save" sub-folder in Primo 2, manage to get pass this stage. The original language is German, changed to English later without any problem.

Following trials:
After successfully loading the UIs, despite putting a valid Germany map and the associated files, the screen displayed
"Please observe the roadsigns and comply with the Highway Code (in bold).
The map data may be flawed or incomplete (in normal font).
OK (in a separate row at the bottom of the screen)"
Then the machine just hung!
Put the machine into sleep mode and switched back on, now tapping the OK started the program and can switch to other maps/languages.
This switching off-on process has to be done every time to run this version of Primo 2.
Sometimes, not always, tried to tap the <-- icon at the top right corner (to get back) with no response.

Still trying.....
liway offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:38 am

liway wrote:the screen displayed
"Please observe the roadsigns and comply with the Highway Code (in bold).
The map data may be flawed or incomplete (in normal font).

The system will display that message (annoyingly) on every start, unless you follow several procedures to modify things that others have discovered.
Same with the Back button. The one included is often times barely functional--depending what screen you are on at the time. Most or all Becker devices have a hardware Back Button.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby liway » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:09 am

Yurbuh Tuggly
Thanks for the message.

Mind directing me to the procedures of avoiding the switch off-on at the start?
For my case, it's not only showing the error message, but it hangs and needs to put to sleep mode then switch on again. I don't mind if it is just the error message, but switching off-on at every start is quite annoying.
liway offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:18 am

liway wrote:Mind directing me to the procedures of avoiding the switch off-on at the start?

A number of careful steps are required to get everything correct (some of which were found on a number of different sites in a number of different languages from a number of smart people whom I can't exactly remember, so here is [color="#FF0000"]Gang-Thanks to all who contributed to the modifications[/color] I employed that I did not come up with myself), so it may be easier just to use my fully modified version which includes:
1) No Start Warning Message
2) Workable Back button
3) Exit Button on main cockpit screen
4) A load of enhanced 3D Euro-Centric POIs to choose from
5) 3D car cursor (one only--can be changed--instructions will be given on request)
6) Other various subtle improvements.

Download file (49.57 MB), extract on PC, copy resulting folder to device or SD Card--rename folder or EXE file as desired. No content (besides Basemap) or TTS voices are included. Add your own maps, etc...and use TTS voices, if desired, from here:
:link:

Adjust sys.txt adding appropriate [GPS] and [TMC] sections for your hardware, if required.
You will notice in the file structure that some files seem to be missing (no Branding.zip!), and some folders added (ui_becker). This is by design and should not be changed if you want everything to work. The data.zip has also been modified. Any of the included files/folders are for this modified build only and may not work with any other setup!

[color="#008000"]Important: 480x272 resolution device only...64MB minimum RAM, 128MB RAM recommended.[/color]

Get:
[SPOILER=Download]Do not be concerned with the name of the RAR file you download.
[color="#FF0000"]RAR Password = http://www.navitotal.com[/color]

[Please Register or Login to download file]
[/spoiler]

As always, any files provided are for Testing Purposes Only. [color="#FF0000"]If you like Becker, buy a Becker.[/color]
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mece » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:21 am

with out the map ,can 't run need to copy the map from igo primo 1.2 or get it new?or any ?:think:
mece offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:42 am

mece wrote:with out the map ,can 't run

Initial setup can proceed with Basemap in the Map folder. Then add your own iGo/Primo compatible maps as needed for your area before attempting any navigational activities.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby liway » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:23 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:A number of careful steps are required to get everything correct ....
Download file (49.57 MB), extract on PC, copy resulting folder to device or SD Card--rename folder or EXE file as desired.

Adjust sys.txt adding appropriate [GPS] and [TMC] sections for your hardware, if required.
You will notice in the file structure that some files seem to be missing (no Branding.zip!), and some folders added (ui_becker). This is by design and should not be changed if you want everything to work. The data.zip has also been modified. Any of the included files/folders are for this modified build only and may not work with any other setup!

[color="#008000"]Important: 480x272 resolution device only...64MB minimum RAM, 128MB RAM recommended.[/color]

Get:
[SPOILER=Download]Do not be concerned with the name of the RAR file you download.
[color="#FF0000"]RAR Password = http://www.navitotal.com[/color]

[Please Register or Login to download file]
[/spoiler]

Thanks for the upload.
Tried this version and get the following initial findings:
1. At first the program hanged at the language selection. Fiddling around after several resets, the program eventually get pass loading the UIs.
2. The map flawed message at the start is skipped. It goes directly to the main menu after loading the UIs.
3. But with my WinCE 5 machine, no response after displaying the main menu page. I can see the map/featoures like POI icons loading and displaying at the background.
4. After switching the machine to sleep mode, then turn it on again, the program runs smoothly.
5. The "back" menu icon is changed from the top right corner to the lower left corner, and is always responsive.

This version has improvements over the others but for my machine, it still requires switching off/on at the start.
liway offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:02 pm

liway wrote:but for my machine, it still requires switching off/on at the start

That must be something specific to your hardware (or some other interfering software) in some way, as I have never found that to be necessary--also a winCE5 unit.
But glad 'my' build made some other improvements for you.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby liway » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 pm

I also think that the problem of freezing at the start is due to some hardware interference and may be unique to my machine.

I've tried to deactivate "Automatic on/off" in the System settings, but still no use.

Another feature I found useful is that the exit button added in the main menu is very handy.
liway offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core