iGO8.3 Maps Not Working?   

iGO8.3 Maps Not Working?

Postby cieranc » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi all, this morning I didn't know what a zip file was, and the las time I'd altered an .exe file was on an Acorn Electron!
With the help of the good people here, I've now got iGO8.3 on an SD card and working on a Binatone X350.
Only problem is it won't display any maps. It finds the correct co-ordinates but won't display any map. If I try to enter an address, the only country listed is Hungary, and the keyboard won't illuminate to enter a post code.

So I downloaded the latest UK and RoI maps from this thread: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?6824-UK-amp-ROI-Content-pack.

I downloaded the zipped file to a file on my PC, then unzipped that to MobileNavigator/content/map.
Map folder now contains the following files: Building, Dem, Histspeed, Map, PoI, speedcam and a file called Basemap.fbl which was there before.

Is this correct, as I still have no maps?
Thanks, Cieran
cieranc offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:05 pm

cieranc wrote:Is this correct

No, it is not.
It looks like you put all the FOLDERS within the MAP folder, also resulting in map/map.
Look in that second nested map folder and you will probably see files with the FBL extension. Move those to the root MAP folder under Content, and move all the other folders (with the files within them) from the first Map folder so that they are also under Content.
Like this:

MobileNavigator
>content
>>map
>>building
>>dem
>>histspeed
>>poi
>>speedcam

Then restart.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Your device will struggle with everything installed, Start with the map (.fbl) first.

I recommend just using the map (.fbl), speedcam (.txt), and POI's, (.poi)

Leave out everything else (.dem .hsp .3dl .3dc .dem) also leave the ROI content unless you need it, Too much content slows your device down.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby cieranc » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly that was exactly the fault with the maps, put them all in the same folder.:doh:
Now seperated and sorted, all running properly! :clapping_mini: Thanks.

Fatboyfun, I've now wiped Ireland, and the US voice files (left the UK ones).
There's a folder called phoneme, with 10 ph files taking up 32 MB, is this something thats needed to operate the setup or can they go, they all seem to relate to the US (one for Canada and 9 for USA) ?

I've pretty much got this sorted thanks to you guys, donation inbound :)
cieranc offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 pm

cieranc wrote:Yurbuh Tuggly that was exactly the fault with the maps, put them all in the same folder.:doh:
Now seperated and sorted, all running properly! :clapping_mini: Thanks.

Fatboyfun, I've now wiped Ireland, and the US voice files (left the UK ones).
There's a folder called phoneme, with 10 ph files taking up 32 MB, is this something thats needed to operate the setup or can they go, they all seem to relate to the US (one for Canada and 9 for USA) ?

I've pretty much got this sorted thanks to you two guys, donation inbound :)

I'm still here so let me say congratulations. Sounds like you did a good job. It appears that you're using my program. As long as you only need UK voices, then it is OK to delete the phoenme files - leave the blank folder in case you need to add something in the future. Oh, you can also delete the .dll for US English in the main iGO8 folder but leave the UK .dll intact.

EDIT: It's very possible that you only have LoqEnglish6.9.dll in the root folder. Do not delete that.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby cieranc » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:15 pm

One last quick question, there's a file in CONTENT called SCHEME, containing a load of zipped files, is this relevent/necessary?
It doesn't take up a lot of room, but if it's not needed can it go?
cieranc offline

Postby nabi » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Schemes are the color schemes. Red main roads, yellow streets, etc. Your map colors, so to speak. There are different sets, also different day and night sets.
I have never deleted them, but I guess you can safely delete the ones you don't like. Better move them to your PC, so you have a backup, just in case.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Ok thanks, I'm not sure which is which as they're called things like ' Winter twilight snow 800mt ' and ' Xerses new moon V10 ', so I'll just leave them alone. They're not taking up much space.
cieranc offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core