IGO8.3+ (Dual Zone)   

IGO8.3+ (Dual Zone)

Postby camaro69 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:22 pm

The manufacturer of my chinese aftermarket claims that my unit is dual zone (I can hear radio and Nav at same time).

I had dual zone in my Jetta (different unit) and the nav voice cuts out the radio in the front speakers, while the rear speakers still play the radio.

Maybe it was the IGO8 software they shipped with the unit, but does anyone know if dual zone controls are hardware or software specific?

Hoping it's software.

Thanks
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:58 am

camaro69 wrote:Hoping it's software.

It's a combination of both, really. And rarely does it have to do with any settings within the Nav program. The Nav program produces sounds, what happens to the sound after that is controlled by both the main software in the Din unit, and how the various sound output options are hardwired to the speakers.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby camaro69 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

So it's possible that the cause of no dual zone is because the wiring from the unit to the speakers isn't correct?

That's a possibility only because the incoming voice from the bluetooth function
is very low and really can't be heard.

I thought it might have something to do with the fact that my car has Onstar and I thought since it's wired into the system is overridding the new system bluetooth.

Guess I need to get the car back to the shop and have them look at it.

Thanks
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby bazzle » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:34 pm

More details would be handy.
If its a plug and play unit (VW etc) it will be the firmware in the unit, not changeable, unless there is a setting for it in tools or setup.
Most in car 2 din replacements just plug into the original canbus so speakers are not really reachable.
I have had a few units called dual zone with sound over the radio (radio voice lowered) and with sound no radio etc.

Bazzle
bazzle offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby camaro69 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:13 pm

bazzle wrote:More details would be handy.
If its a plug and play unit (VW etc) it will be the firmware in the unit, not changeable, unless there is a setting for it in tools or setup.
Most in car 2 din replacements just plug into the original canbus so speakers are not really reachable.
I have had a few units called dual zone with sound over the radio (radio voice lowered) and with sound no radio etc.

Bazzle

Unlike my other unit (VW aftermarket) which was plug and play this unit wasn't. I also don't see anything in the nav set up, but I'm hoping to upgrade my IGO8 and maybe there will be a set up.

I also now know that the overlapping screens are caused by having Onstar, but that could be taken care of soon.
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby Mhenawy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:51 am

Wht about mute settings in the sys.txt files ?
PS , i dont have this BT low sound issue
When i upgraded the igo to primo the nav sound was low and to make ir normal i had to edit the sys file to make igo take volume level from OS
Mhenawy offline

Postby siberian » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Camaro69, what's the make of the Chinese HU? I've got two of them and although the inside is probably the same it's in the UI that they differ and the settings for various parameters. I have a Maisun and a KL8216G if that's of any use to help you debug.

siberian
The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
siberian offline

User avatar Member

Postby camaro69 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:11 pm

My unit is a Road Rover.

Do you have directions to set up the dual zone with your unit?
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby siberian » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Not specifically, you just have to go into settings and play with Master Volume, Navi volume etc. to get the volume you want. I don't believe that there is a specific dual zone other than the fact that the unit either is or isn't. If it is, then adjusting the master etc. will set it to the level you want. I'm not sure if in the BT set-up there's a volume control. I'm pretty sure there isn't but I'll check when the wife comes back with the car. I've got a broken card reader on my unit so it's inop since it's on the work bench at the moment. HTH.

siberian
siberian offline

User avatar Member

Postby camaro69 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:45 pm

siberian wrote:Not specifically, you just have to go into settings and play with Master Volume, Navi volume etc. to get the volume you want. I don't believe that there is a specific dual zone other than the fact that the unit either is or isn't. If it is, then adjusting the master etc. will set it to the level you want. I'm not sure if in the BT set-up there's a volume control. I'm pretty sure there isn't but I'll check when the wife comes back with the car. I've got a broken card reader on my unit so it's inop since it's on the work bench at the moment. HTH.

siberian

This is my situation.

In my other unit (which is a different unti/car)if the radio was playing and I had the nav on, when talking the radio would still play in the rear speakers but would cut out in the front while the nav voice was on. Once the nav voice finished the radio would come back on each time.

With the Road Rover the nav voice cuts out the radio completely (front and rear) and it takes what seems like 2-3 seconds before the radio comes back on and this repeats itself while using nav. Unfort, to me it's really annoying having it like this and wish it was like my other unit.
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby siberian » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Agree 100%, that's the Chinese way :) To my knowledge there is no way to change this. I don't know what car you have, I have two 2008 Touaregs (a V8 and a V6 both FSIs) and depending on the year there were big problems with the digital amps not to mention the Fakra dual antennas being combined into a single feed into the AFTERMARKET HU. Furthermore, I had a backup camera on my V8 but it took a composite video feed whilst the Chinese HU accepted a component one (after have slaved pulling an rca cable through 4 air bags etc. I wasn't looking forward to doing that again so I simply got an RF Tx/Rx to beam the video feed to the front).

So even if you were to change the amp (as was the case with a few folks who dumped their 04-06 digital amps in the VWs) they still couldn't get the HU to do something it was never meant to do. Which is probably why you pay 300 bucks for a made in China and 1800 bucks for an RNS unit (not to mention that you actually see the screen in daylight which is "challenging" on mine for example).

A last important point I forgot to mention. There are NO units whether JVC, Pioneer or other made in China or bongobongoland that are CanBus2.0 compliant. JVC would of course not comment to me about their 2013 line up but I didn't see that this was in the offing. Support for CanBus2.0 would open incredible avenues to display system and other info on a reasonably sized screen rather that on the small MFD.

Sorry, I don't believe there is a solution to your issue of separating the front/rear speaker in an "interrupt" or at least none in the VW world (which is probably the most pita I've found).

HTH

siberian
siberian offline

User avatar Member

Postby camaro69 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 pm

siberian wrote:Agree 100%, that's the Chinese way :) To my knowledge there is no way to change this. I don't know what car you have, I have two 2008 Touaregs (a V8 and a V6 both FSIs) and depending on the year there were big problems with the digital amps not to mention the Fakra dual antennas being combined into a single feed into the AFTERMARKET HU. Furthermore, I had a backup camera on my V8 but it took a composite video feed whilst the Chinese HU accepted a component one (after have slaved pulling an rca cable through 4 air bags etc. I wasn't looking forward to doing that again so I simply got an RF Tx/Rx to beam the video feed to the front).

So even if you were to change the amp (as was the case with a few folks who dumped their 04-06 digital amps in the VWs) they still couldn't get the HU to do something it was never meant to do. Which is probably why you pay 300 bucks for a made in China and 1800 bucks for an RNS unit (not to mention that you actually see the screen in daylight which is "challenging" on mine for example).

A last important point I forgot to mention. There are NO units whether JVC, Pioneer or other made in China or bongobongoland that are CanBus2.0 compliant. JVC would of course not comment to me about their 2013 line up but I didn't see that this was in the offing. Support for CanBus2.0 would open incredible avenues to display system and other info on a reasonably sized screen rather that on the small MFD.

Sorry, I don't believe there is a solution to your issue of separating the front/rear speaker in an "interrupt" or at least none in the VW world (which is probably the most pita I've found).

HTH

siberian

Just so you know my other unit was Chinese made (audiosources.net) and was installed in my 09 Jetta TDI and only cost now $280.

No problem with that unit working as dual zone.
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby siberian » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 am

Well that's a Jetta not a Touareg :) All kidding aside there are big differences in audio set ups and configs between VDubs.

My understanding of the dual zone in a JVC system for example, is that the source selected for the second zone is not sent through any speakers but through an RCA connector to a rear monitor and that has an IR connection usually to the headphones.

As to the Chinese HU, my understanding was that it simply allowed "pre-emption" of signal not signal split as in the VWs you don't really have ready access to the speakers except through the CanBus bundle.

siberian
siberian offline

User avatar Member

Postby siberian » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Camaro69, you mentioned in your initial post that you also had some issues with BT clarity. I don't know if the issues in this thread relate to a VW but if you have a VAG-COM here are some settings that will make BT clearer and you might find a setting that could solve this issue. From a fellow on the clubtouareg forum:

Setup the telephone controller to function as per the settings chosen.

Telephone – Controller 77
The controller soft coding should be set to 0000422
0?xxxx: Motor Vechicle Type
0 – CANBUS
1 – D3/C6 High System
2 – C6 Standard System
0x?xxx: Steering Wheel Type
0 – non multifunction steering wheel
1 – standard steering wheel
2 – modular steering wheel
0xx?xx: Installed Components
1 – none
2 – Multi Function Steering Wheel
3 - Head Unit
4 - Multi Function Steering Wheel and Head Unit
5 – K-line
6 - Multi Function Steering Wheel and K-line
7 – Head Unit and K-line
8 - Multi Function Steering Wheel, Head Unit and K-line
0xxx?x: Language Spoken by Unit
0 – Language operation out
1 – German
2 – English (UK)
3 – French
4 – Italian
5 – Spanish
6 – Not Used
7 – English (US)
8 – Language operation of external equipment (RNS 510 etc)
9 – Speaker dependent language choice
0xxxx?: Language for MFD (Multi Function Display)
0 – no announcement in the MFD
1 – German
2 – English (UK)
3 – French
4 – Italian
5 – Spanish
6 – Not used
7 – English (US)
Now move onto channel adaption, the following channels should be adapted with the default values listed, information on these values is available further down the page.
channel 128 (base volume) - 0
channel 129 (disconnection delay)- 6
channel 130 (offset delay) – 2
channel 131 (mircrophone sensitivity) – 130
channel 132 (unknown) – 0
channel 133 (bluetooth on/off) – 1
channel 134 (speech on/off) – 0
channel 135 (bluetooth passkey)- 1234
channel 136 (offset delay) – 9
channel 137 (unknown) – 1
channel 139 (unknown) – 0
Channel 128 – Base volume (Base volume of the output)
000 – 0dB (no increase/decrease)
001 – +1dB increase
002 – +2dB increase
003 – +3dB increase
004 – +4dB increase
005 – +5dB increase
006 – +6dB increase
128 – -1dB decrease
129 – -2dB decrease
130 – -3dB decrease
131 – -4dB decrease
132 – -5dB decrease
133 – -6dB decrease
Channel 129 – Disconnection Delay (Disconnection delay after turning ignition off)
000 – 30 seconds
001 – 5 minutes
002 – 10 minutes
240 – 20 hours
Channel 130 – Offset Delay (Offset compensation delay to avoid echoes)
0 – 0ms
1 – 1ms
2 – 2ms
….
11 – 11ms
12 – 12ms
Channel 131 – Microphone Sensitivity (Lower/Raise the Microphones Sensitivity)
000 – 0dB (no increase/decrease)
001 – +1dB increase
002 – +2dB increase
003 – +3dB increase
004 – +4dB increase
005 – +5dB increase
006 – +6dB increase
128 – -1dB decrease
129 – -2dB decrease
130 – -3dB decrease
131 – -4dB decrease
132 – -5dB decrease
133 – -6dB decrease
Channel 132 – unknown
0 – default
Channel 133 – Bluetooth (Bluetooth activate/deactivate)
0 – Disable
1 – Enable
Channel 134 – Speech Function (Speech control On-Off)
0 – On with fixed mobile phone and bluetooth
1 – Off with fixed mobile phone and not bluetooth
Channel 135 – Bluetooth Passkey (4 Digital Passkey to allow access to the bluetooth)
1234 – Default passkey
Channel 136 – Offset Delay (Offset compensation delay between transmit and receive)
001 – 0.1 seconds
002 – 0.2 seconds
003 – 0.3 seconds
004 – 0.4 seconds
…..
024 – 2.4 seconds
025 – 2.5 seconds
Channel 137 – unknown
1 – default
Channel 139 – unknown
0 – default

HTH

siberian
siberian offline

User avatar Member

Postby camaro69 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:54 am

TDI is gone, but damn, I'd have to be an engineer to figure that out.

The bluetooth is working it's the nav voice that's a little low.

Thanks
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core