Igo8 on Binatone 350   

Igo8 on Binatone 350

Postby mariop1 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:27 am

hi
I have igo8 on binatone 350 with kikker3.2 skin.
the problem is that this skin does not have a car but a cursor which I cant see it most of the time.

please is there a skin for igo8 that have a car not a cursor and have speedcam voice and sound alert. I tried few but apart the kikker skin none of them have speecam voice that says speedcam 30 miles per hour and sound alert at the sometime.
thanks
mariop1 offline

Postby nabi » Tue May 01, 2012 9:53 am

Gurjon skin and DimKa skin do exactly what you want.
Note that you need to instal the sound files.

However, you could add a car cursor, independant of the skin, thus in Kikker also: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?962-How-To-s-Tutorials-and-Tweaks&p=22611#post22611
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby mariop1 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:22 am

hi
i tried those 2 skin but they only give sound alert for speedcam not voice with speed limit and sound.
I would prefer to had a car cursor but the links on the post are dead.
mariop1 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue May 01, 2012 10:49 am

mariop1 wrote:[color="#FF0000"]voice with speed limit and sound[/color]

For [color="#FF0000"]that[/color], you probably need an appropriate TTS voice.

mariop1 wrote:I would prefer to had a car cursor but the links on the post are dead.

See this thread:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9611-Upgrade-from-version-8.3.2.93112-to-8.3.5.183522-question/page2

Post#14.
Note that your PATH statements would have to be correct for YOUR device/setup.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Tue May 01, 2012 11:04 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:For that, you probably need an appropriate TTS voice.

No, not necessarily. One only needs the voice warning files. I have them for my language and they work perfectly on my Gurjon skin (I had to rename female to male and vice versa for my preferred voice to be heard (volume) though). Available on the DimKa website ([Please Register or Login to download file] ). There is also a manual how to install.
As I said, my speedcam warning voice works perfectly !!

DimKa has a standard Mini as a car cursor. Other cars are possible too. Just look on the DimKa download page.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby mariop1 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:47 pm

hi
i tried dinka skin but the speedcam voice wont work. I added the audio folder and the voice script but when i select the alert voice, only one voice i can select Italian which i installed but when test it wont work.

Then i installed GJ6.6p skin which i like, because it has a car cursor. but i need the voice script file. because the one that i use with kikker skin dont work. please if any one knows where i can download the speedcam voice script for GJ6.6p skin. I need the english and the italian.
thanks
mariop1 offline

Postby nabi » Tue May 01, 2012 8:44 pm

1. GJ 6.6?? Latest is 6.18 or 6.19 I believe.
2. What iGO build are you using?
3. Those voices on the dimka website should work. Did you setup as instructed here: [Please Register or Login to download file] Thus in iGO root an AUDIO folder, then in that folder an IT folder with the male and female voice folders.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby mariop1 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:24 pm

hi
my build is igo8 8.3.5183522 march 16 2011
i tried gj6.17p i put the speedcam voice alert as the photo that you posted, but it does not give me any voice or audio warning only visual. i tried diMKa vert v 1.1.43 it gives me just voice alert but no audio. although when i select speedcam alert and test it the sound is present. i really would like kikker 3.2 skin if i could add a car cursor,but i tried but it does not work. im looking for igo 8 may 2011 build multi resolution my resolution is 320x240 but all links are dead.
mariop1 offline

Postby nabi » Fri May 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Hmm. It works every where else as far as I know.
By the way, did you try on the road? Sound/voice alertsdo not work in simulation mode.

About the car cursor: I found this old thread by you: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?7786-Car-cursor-in-IGO8.

On the other site you are visiting and asking about kikker, don't they have alive links?
And do you really need a car shaped cursor? Eye candy? You should keep the eyes on the road :D
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby mariop1 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:52 pm

hi
yes i tried on the road . kikker stopped lomg time ago make skin last one was 3.2
i need a cursor because in kikker skin in 3D there is no cursor at all shown. hope full i will find a link to igo8 may 2011 build
thanks
mariop1 offline

Postby chas521 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:57 pm

There is no car change in the May Igo8 version. Cars do not work with the Kikker skin. Dimka only I believe. There is an old file [download] for cars without having to use a skin but I think that all the links everywhere are completely dead. My cursor in my March version works fine in 3D.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Fri May 04, 2012 2:00 pm

When you only need a cursor and the triangle is okay, but is missing, maybe it's because it is to small?
The size can be changed in sys.txt, maybe some lines in your sys.txt cause the wrong size
See http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?1011-Sys.txt-thread-tips-tricks-Q-amp-A&p=2424#post2424 for more info
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby mariop1 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:23 pm

ok i will stick with kikker 3.2. please there is another problem that i have with every skin: it alert me of speedcam even outside my street that i know that there are none. also is it possible to set the speedcam to alert me only when there are speedcam in the direction that im driving, at the moment it alert me even is the speedcam is on the other side of the road or wherever there is a speedcam that is around where I am. I what the latest west european speedcam text file. im in london.
mariop1 offline

Postby chas521 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:37 pm

mariop1 wrote:ok i will stick with kikker 3.2. please there is another problem that i have with every skin: it alert me of speedcam even outside my street that i know that there are none. also is it possible to set the speedcam to alert me only when there are speedcam in the direction that im driving, at the moment it alert me even is the speedcam is on the other side of the road or wherever there is a speedcam that is around where I am. I what the latest west european speedcam text file. im in london.

Please know that everything completely depends upon the speedcam txt that you have in content\speedcam. Most txts are set-up as 4-way. So, as you approach, you will probably receive information from your device even though you are not heading in that direction. If you take a look [open] the speedcam.txt, there should be a section regarding direction that can be edited. Remember though, that after editing it might be necessary to delete the save folder and re-create it with all your present options. So if you want to try editing, I suggest that you back-up your save folder to your computer or re-name your save folder to another name - saveold or something like that. Let us know how you make out.

EDIT: Found this elsewhere:

Downloaded iGO text file can be edited with Notepad (Windows users)
It has the following header line: X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION

Explanation:

X = longitude
Y = latitude
TYPE = type of speed camera ( 1 - fixed speed camera locations; 2 - combined red light and speed cameras; 3 - fixed red light camera locations; 4 - section camera positions; 5 - lasers, hand-held radars and other mobile speed camera locations; 6 - railway crossing; 7 - not constant mobile locations)
SPEED = speed limit in km/h
DIRTYPE = type of direction of the speedcam (0-all directions; 1-one direction; 2-both directions)
DIRECTION = direction in degrees (0-North; 90-East)

DIRTYPE and DIRECTION are optional fields
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mariop1 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:30 pm

hi
thanks for reply
i got the latest european speedcam text. this is an example of the first lines:
X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION
so which number should i change to make them my direction only. also is there a way to identify the uk speedcam because i just want to change the uk. also the satnav shows a speedcam in some street with 100mile speed limits but i know that there are no speedcam there. does this depends od the speedcam text file and is there any way to correct i know that there are none
mariop1 offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core