iGO8 Battery Status   

iGO8 Battery Status

Postby bingmedia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 pm

I was able to unlock my Windows CE PNA GPS unit and load iGO8 and all seems to work great except for the battery status.

Battery is fully charged but it says it only has one bar and will not turn blue when connected to power.

Any suggestions?
bingmedia offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:36 pm

First of all, there are a couple of things happening here. You probably used an unlock to get the program to open. All unlocks are third-party and since they are and not created by NNG themselves, it's very possible that the level shown is only an approximation. Secondly, the program is a cracked version again not created by NNG so the same thing applies. When it comes down to it, if the program is working then why worry about the color or level of the battery? More often than not, you will be using the device while connected to the lighter connection in your car so the level becomes mute anyway.:lol:
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 pm

Did the original programme have a battery meter? It may be a hardware issue, One of my devices has four battery levels, External power, 100%, 50% and 0%, useless!
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bingmedia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:35 am

Yes, the orginal program had a battery meter and it was working. All I have now is a contstant one bar and am unable to tell if the battery needs recharging - the battery could last up to 5 hours on a full charge. So I presume all cracked version have this issue?

Any additional suggestions?
bingmedia offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:09 am

Do you use your device outside of the car on only battery power very often? How long does it last? A cracked version is not a manufacturer's version per se so it just may be a thing you have to live with.

Charge up your battery to full power and then take it for a walk and see how long it lasts. My experience dictates that most device manufacturers overstate the length of time the battery lasts anyway. Much like a car dealer with the gas mileage.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:17 am

IGO does get this information from Windows
So in my opinion, the unlock method is responsible here.
My cracked iGO does show the battery status. Using Gurjon skin even in %, scaled by 1 (not sure if iGO can by itself). I am using a PDA.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby bingmedia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:43 am

I guess I will need to live with it, I just use it in the car. I am using the default iGO skin, maybe I'll try a different skin and see what happens.

Thanks nabi & chas521
bingmedia offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core