iGO8.3 Aus R19.3 Map question   

iGO8.3 Aus R19.3 Map question

Postby mitrebin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:53 am

Hi All
I think it's great that this version shows, school areas, rail xings, truck distance timer cameras and other nifty icons throughout Australia,
BUT I've driven myself crazy over the past 2 days trying to find the icons in a file, so that I can change them into something more viewable, they are plain yellow and black low res.
I figure they are built into the map files (.fbl, ,fba) Anyone know of a program to open these files and play with/alter them?
Thanks
Mitrebin
mitrebin offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:09 pm

mitrebin wrote:Hi All
I think it's great that this version shows, school areas, rail xings, truck distance timer cameras and other nifty icons throughout Australia,
BUT I've driven myself crazy over the past 2 days trying to find the icons in a file, so that I can change them into something more viewable, they are plain yellow and black low res.
I figure they are built into the map files (.fbl, ,fba) Anyone know of a program to open these files and play with/alter them?
Thanks
Mitrebin

I don't think you can alter the map files. But if you look into the branding zip I think you can play with the POI icons. And then there is poieditor.com.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core