Igo8 and Speed Cameras   

Igo8 and Speed Cameras

Postby Rhoditis » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi All,

Believe it or not, speed cameras are new to me. Actually it was my first try this morning. I am a bit confused though. Here is my issue. When I drive on the highway here in Belgium, it happens very often that Igo will warn that there is a speed camera even though it is on the street that goes under the highway. That speed camera is not for the highway... And of course Igo (and my partner) get crazy because I drive way too fast for the speed camera that is on the smaller road I cross.

So my understanding is that Igo8 does not make any difference between a speed camera on the road you are driving and a speed camera on a road you are just crossing? Did I miss anything ?

Many thanks
Rhoditis offline

Postby nabi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 pm

No, you did not. I experience it too.
It can happen when a speedcam is close to the road you are driving on or when the speedcam is placed on crossroads, but in the cross directions. If that is a speedcam file error (wrong codes for radar direction) or an iGO error is unclear to me. Because it does not happen in every alike situation.
My advise is to use a skin (like Gurjon or diMKa) where you can select a voice to warn you for a speedcam, but in the mean time disable the sound warning for speeding.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Rhoditis » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:38 pm

OK, it is not just me then. Many thanks for that fast reply.
Rhoditis offline

Postby Rhoditis » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:43 am

As the speedcam functionality was close to unusable I wanted to re-test it with another speedcam file for Europe that was mentionned on this forum. I downloaded it a couple of days ago but I only had the opportunity to tests it today. It is very effective now. So, for me the different file made the difference. Many thanks again for your help.
Rhoditis offline

Postby nabi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:25 am

Since you are living in Belgium a tip: register for free at [Please Register or Login to download file] . and download the speedcam file there. Updated every week, speedcams for the Benelux in txt format (I think it's - or was - under iGO2006, but it's also for iGO8 ;) ).
Just delete all files in the speedcam folder and replace with the txt file. When iGO starts up, it converts the txt to its own spud/spd file.
The SCDB file is rather big and if you don't need Europe complete ....
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Speedcam sign in KMH

Postby stephen154 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Using primo and have used the same speedcam files as i have in 8.3 but all the sign warning come up in KMH and not MPH, it works ok on 8.3 but somehow its showing KMH on primo.
stephen154 offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:35 am

stephen154 wrote:Using primo and have used the same speedcam files as i have in 8.3 but all the sign warning come up in KMH and not MPH, it works ok on 8.3 but somehow its showing KMH on primo.

You're not the first person to speak of this. Hopefully it's corrected in the next version.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core