iGo TTS mutes the radio/music   

iGo TTS mutes the radio/music

Postby bluem9 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:27 pm

I use 2 din multimedia navigation made by Rosen.

When ever there is a voice guidance on next turn, GPS voice mutes the original playing voice (radio, mp3 or cd) and plays the GPS voice. How do I make it to play 50% original sound (radio, mp3 or cd) and 50% of GPS voice? So that I can hear both.

Please help.
bluem9 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Stop asking other questions until I get the other TTS thread to work correctly!

EDIT: AFAIK, the nav voices overrides the audios. That's normal.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bluem9 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

chas521 wrote:Stop asking other questions until I get the other TTS thread to work correctly!

EDIT: AFAIK, the nav voices overrides the audios. That's normal.

chas521, while I test the changes we made for my TTS question; Is there any chance that you can help me on this?
Some said below setting will resolve, I tried but its not resolving my issue.

[sound]
dev_channels=2

I appreciate your help.
bluem9 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:15 am

I don't think there is an answer to your problem. I'm pretty sure that's the way it is.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Skezza » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 am

I can help with this somewhat, although I don't think I can provide you with the answer you're looking for I'm afraid. I apologize for this :(

Most newer spec'd systems use a special digital link (sometimes though just a DAC) to connect the WinCE system to the main output cluster of the unit. This means that the post-processing is done by the output cluster of the device, with that, you can get effects such as fade. These are usually hard-coded, 25% for the original output and 75% for the input from WinCE. This is non-changeable. If you alter the volume from WinCE, you won't change the fact the original output is 25%, just get used to that.

Older systems connect to the main output cluster using a slow serial port, this means when audio is output, the WinCE basically opens a connection using the serial port and then the main cluster mutes the audio (not possible to fade due to the connection type) and plays the input. This way is slightly more changeable as you can obviously play with volumes a bit more, but fact is, it's still not what you're looking for.

Sorry.
Skezza offline

Postby bluem9 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Skezza wrote:I can help with this somewhat, although I don't think I can provide you with the answer you're looking for I'm afraid. I apologize for this :(

Most newer spec'd systems use a special digital link (sometimes though just a DAC) to connect the WinCE system to the main output cluster of the unit. This means that the post-processing is done by the output cluster of the device, with that, you can get effects such as fade. These are usually hard-coded, 25% for the original output and 75% for the input from WinCE. This is non-changeable. If you alter the volume from WinCE, you won't change the fact the original output is 25%, just get used to that.

Older systems connect to the main output cluster using a slow serial port, this means when audio is output, the WinCE basically opens a connection using the serial port and then the main cluster mutes the audio (not possible to fade due to the connection type) and plays the input. This way is slightly more changeable as you can obviously play with volumes a bit more, but fact is, it's still not what you're looking for.

Sorry.

It works (audio fading) fine in my factory Honda navigation. So I thought there is some setting somewhere :scratch_one-s_head_
bluem9 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:55 pm

To fade the music down BEFORE the GPS speaks, requires some link between iGO and the hardware audio mixer, usually a serial port between wince and the mixer that iGO can open/close as necessary.

If this doesn't exist then either you get radio/cd but no sound from the GPS, or no fade effect.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: iGo TTS mutes the radio/music

Postby Benzao » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:57 am

I solved a problem, but not.
I solved a problem of sound, different from this, in my case, I worked in sys.txt folders, sound, device type and clarionforyou.
The way is to compare one that works properly and the other that is failing, and trying to go change. It worked!
Benzao offline

User avatar Junior Member

Re: iGo TTS mutes the radio/music

Postby nabi » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:46 am

Originally, off factory, Primo (or iGO) can be set up for the device. That is the case for Clarion units, Alpine, ...
A "cured" Primo is changed in a "general" way, to make it work on every (or most) devices. This means all device functionality gets lost. However, some "cured" builds can regain that functionality, often by using the original data.zip that came with the device. Of course when upgrading a Primo, the old data.zip isn't always compatible with the Primo.
That "clarionforyou" is controlled by a ini file in data.zip/config, I think. Which proves my point. It won't work on other brands than Clarion, maybe some exceptions excluded.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about iGO core