iGO Truck with no voices   

iGO Truck with no voices

Postby tonnydeponny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:04 pm

I installed iGO Truck on a few devices (MIO C320, MIO C520 and Becker 7827) and encounter a strange problem: everything seems to be working fine, but after a short while there is no voice to tell you what to do.

I use regular iGO8 voices (no TTS) and installed iGO truck on the devices by copying the iGO.exe file and the sys.txt file to flash-memory (renaming iGO8 through Miomap.exe or (for the Becker) MNAVDCE.exe.

This is my sys.txt

[folders]
app="%SDCARD%\MNAV"

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
show_timezoneslider=1
reset_os_timezone=1
landscape=1

[rawdisplay]
driver="gdi"

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

[debug]
skip_eula=1
smart_2d=1
slowsim=1
loop_sim=0
show_speed_limit=1
show_tmc=1
speedcam_enabled=1
show_arrows_on_route=1

[sound]
os_volume=300
;config=maximum
;native_osvolume_linear=1
;sound_q_length=200
;queue_length=200
;ding=1

[speedcam]
enable_at_startup=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=1

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

[tmc]
source="gns"
port="COM,1"

[gps]
source="nmea"
port="COM,2"

Once again, everything is working fine, I do not get error-messages and the does not seem to be a memory-problem.

Anyone can help????

regards,
Tonny
tonnydeponny offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 pm

@Tonny,

Let me see if I got this right. ALL your devices work fine for a short time with voice navigation but after a while the voice navigation quits on you and you're using non-TTS voices to begin with. This sounds like a memory problem. I seriously doubt that all your devices are quitting at the same time. I see that you are using speedcams. That's fine except that if you use too large a speedcam area then this sort of problem might occur. So you might want to reduce the area or delete it entirely. .Dem files, building files are also very memory-intensive. All in all, too much content is not a good thing.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tonnydeponny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi Chas,

Thanx for the response. Your summary of the problem is correct. The strange thing is that the voice is there just from the start from the trip and after a few miles/streets is quits. I will delete all of the content, including the speedcams. I'll get back to you asap!

regards,
Tonny
tonnydeponny offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:58 pm

tonnydeponny wrote:Hi Chas,

Thanx for the response. Your summary of the problem is correct. The strange thing is that the voice is there just from the start from the trip and after a few miles/streets is quits. I will delete all of the content, including the speedcams. I'll get back to you asap!

regards,
Tonny

You might not have to delete all of it to make it work. Back-up first before you delete.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:09 pm

As Pmmed, you might consider using Primo instead.

I see one issue in your posting that is new to me. You updated an existing iGO by copying the exe and sys.txt.
Try this: do a clean and complete install of the iGO for trucks. By this new install, I hope your problem is solved, while some files are different between iGO and iGO for trucks. Do it slowly, first one map, one voice, no dem nor speedcam. If that works, go on and install some more.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby tonnydeponny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi,

I tried removing content (building, dem, speedcam) but the problem stays the same: after the first sentence of the voice is disappears without coming back :-(

I'm not updating an existing iGO, I copied the exe-file and the sys.txt to flashdisk. The device is using the content on the SD card to navigate. As far as I'm concerned, this should work.

I discovered that when simulating a chosen route, the voice also disappears after the first sentence. It must be something else..

Anyone????
tonnydeponny offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:49 pm

tonnydeponny wrote:Hi,

I tried removing content (building, dem, speedcam) but the problem stays the same: after the first sentence of the voice is disappears without coming back :-(

I'm not updating an existing iGO, I copied the exe-file and the sys.txt to flashdisk. The device is using the content on the SD card to navigate. As far as I'm concerned, this should work.

I discovered that when simulating a chosen route, the voice also disappears after the first sentence. It must be something else..

Anyone????

This is strange. I never heard of a sys.txt being changed to upgrade. Maybe items added but never changed. Whenever you upgrade, you should also change the license folder and probably delete the "save" folder.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby NorbertBL » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:22 pm

I think we are talking about the iGO Becker Version 8.5.2.122755
This Version has a bug in the data.zip.
Change the becker.ini in the data.zip (projekt_config) with this one ([Please Register or Login to download file] ), but save the original data.zip before.
Then delete the save folder and start again.
I hope, this will help ...

NB
NorbertBL offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tonnydeponny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Norbert!

[SIZE="7"]...NORBERT RULES!!!![/size] :yahoo:

I downloaded the new BECKER.INI and put it into the DATA.ZIP-file and everything seems to be working just fine! When simulating the route, the voice keeps talking and that wasn't before...So obvious it was the bug that caused the problem.

Norbert and all others, you were a great help! Without you I would never have found the issue!

Much obliged/vielen Dank!

Tonny
tonnydeponny offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core