Igo Primo2 on a RAC 4300 Wide with Wince 5.0 core.   

Igo Primo2 on a RAC 4300 Wide with Wince 5.0 core.

Postby halcyon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Ok, I hate to ask but I have searched and tried several solutions posted on the forums and have ran out of ideas so here are the details.

I have the above device..
It is running Route66 Uk and Ireland 2009 Q4.
It is using Navteq maps.

I would like to run the Igo Primo2 core and maps I have on my BinatoneF430 and have saved all the files,folders and Shell.ini to another SD card.
I have tried running this SD card (which I know is good as it runs the Binatone perfectly) however no matter what I try I can`t get the RAC to boot up with anything other than the default (Route66) system and map.

I have tried the Shell.ini everywhere. It is in the root of the SD, moved it to the Resident Flash folder, moved it to the root of the device....nada..no difference.
I have renamed the folder and Shell.ini three times. Once as MobileNavigator, then noticed the default is also named MobileNavigator, so renamed it (and the Shell) to MobileNavigator1 incase there was a confusion over which application to open..nada..renamed it again (and the Shell) to Primo2 and still no boot from the SD card.

My shell is \SDMMC\Primo2\Primo2.exe or all the versions I have tried (MobileNavigator and MobileNavigator1)

I have looked in the device.ini for the line NoExitOnMapScreen to change the interger from =1 to =0 to get the Route66 exit button but there was no such line when opening in Notepad to change.

When the device is connected to my PC it opens fine in explorer, shows the SD card as the SDMMC folder in the device, and when the card is removed dos`nt show the folder.

The card is good, the Igo downloads and maps are good (in fact I took the working card from the Binatone and put it in the RAC just to check this) but I am now out of ideas as to why I cant get the RAC to boot from the sd card.

Any ideas or suggestions greatfully received.
halcyon offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Rename igo and it's folder to Route66\R66Navigate7.exe (or 8) and it should work.

This device doesn't use a shell.ini.

There are plenty of RAC threads here to read through if the above doesn't work.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby halcyon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks FF but that didn`t work.

First i`ve removed the Shell.ini
Then I renamed the Igo folder as Route66 and the Igo application inside (previously MobileNavigator) as R66Navigate7.exe

I`ve booted several times and it still won`t boot from the SD Card.

The default application inside the resident flash is already named MobileNavigator.exe but I did rename the Igo folder and application as suggested.

I`m currently searching again, for any solutions for the RAC4300 but am only coming up with two threads,both of which I have read and tried.
halcyon offline

Postby halcyon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:59 pm

It seems after a couple of hours searching that you FF have already dealt with this before about 3 1/2 years ago! and posted one solution :001:

"You need to use something like this to replace Route66's executable, It should be something like R66Navigate7.exe

Then reboot and start navigation (if applicable) then follow the on-screen instructions to point to iGO. "

This works in Wince 5.0 even though it was posted in a question about Wince 6.0 in this thread

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12664-How-to-get-Primo-working-on-RAC-400-%28Win-CE-6%29&highlight=Route66

It has booted up the Igo from the SD card fine and I`m just waiting for a GPS lock, it is taking it`s time and may have to go back into the folder on the card to see if the com and baud are the same if it dosn`t find a lock in the next half hour?
halcyon offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:07 pm

If you are using iGO8 then you can search for the correct port and baud from within the app.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby halcyon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:22 pm

I am using Igo Primo2 but I have found the specs in the RAC4300 using Microsoft Sync to open it and looking in the Device.ini file.

That file contains the sys texts for a couple of devices, namely things like the Route66 Chicago,mini,maxi and Longhorn but also had the sys text for the RAC4300.

The issue was the port (com) setting.

For future reference:

Igo Primo2: port 7 baud 57600

RAC4300 Wide port 1 baud 57600.

So thanks for your post of three and a half years ago FF :001:

All sorted and firing on all cylinders :101:
halcyon offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core