Igo Primo Stand-by Mode   

Igo Primo Stand-by Mode

Postby pballernyc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 am

Hey everyone... is there any way to make Igo Primo always go into stand by mode once the external power (i.e. car adapter) is disconnected? Sometimes my PNA with Primo goes into standby mode properly, but then sometimes it says "running on battery."

Besides guaranteeing my PNA with primo go into standby mode (sleep mode), is there any way to prevent my gps/pna for turning on again for at least 20 seconds? Kinda like a delay... as if it'll only turn on or wake up after having the external power attached and on for 20 seconds.

Thanks
pballernyc offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:53 am

This stand-by problem has been discussed in some detail in the past. Actually, it was referred to as a wake-up problem. The device would restart when the nav program was asked to wake-up again. It's something that was put in perspective like this. When you put the nav program into sleep mode, it loses contact with the SD card and when you ask it to wake-up again, it has to reestablish that contact with the SD card again and the only way that could happen would be to restart. Hope I cleared that up for you.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Depending on the device, Mortscript can suspend when external power is removed, but cannot wake up the device again.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pballernyc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:31 pm

can't find a way to adjust my device settings. Is there anything I can put in the sys.txt to force IGO Primo to sleep/standby mode once the external power is disconnected, and keep it that way no matter what for at least 60 seconds?

thanks
pballernyc offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:51 pm

pballernyc wrote:can't find a way to adjust my device settings. Is there anything I can put in the sys.txt to force IGO Primo to sleep/standby mode once the external power is disconnected, and keep it that way no matter what for at least 60 seconds?

thanks

None that I'm aware of for the reasons stated in post #2.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:25 pm

I'll write a short mortscript later to do this for you when i get home, you'll need to bear in mind that forcing the device to suspend when primo or any application is writing data to memory can cause file corruption.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Here you go... 2112

This is a Mortscript that suspends the device when both iGO Primo is running AND external power is removed.
You run Power.exe to start iGO, The script monitors the external power and suspends the device one second after it is removed, If the device is switched on without power it immediately suspends again, If Primo exits the script exits as well.

[color="red"]MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS.[/color]

You will need to edit the red parts of Power.mscr below with notepad on your PC to match your device.

Run ("[color="red"]\Storage Card\Primo\iGO.exe[/color]") [color="red"]*1[/color]
WaitFor ("NAVI",[color="red"]20[/color]) [color="red"]*2[/color]
While (WndExists("NAVI"))
While (ExternalPowered(True))
Sleep [color="red"]1000[/color] [color="red"]*3[/color]
If (Not WndExists("NAVI"))
Exit
EndIf
EndWhile
PowerOff
EndWhile
Exit

[color="red"]*1 [/color]Path to iGO on your device
[color="red"]*2 [/color]Set this number to match how long Primo starts up in seconds so it doesn't suspend itself while starting up, If power is removed during this time it will suspend after the time is up
[color="red"]*3 [/color]Set this number in milliseconds (1000 = one second) to match how long you want the device to wait before suspending after power is removed, AT LEAST ONE SECOND IS BEST otherwise the device may lag, If you get problems with file corruption then increase this number

[color="red"]Installation[/color]
Put all three files somewhere on the device, Make the edits to power.mscr if required and then run power.exe to start iGO Primo. As normal with mortscript you can rename Power.exe/mscr if you need to.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pballernyc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks.. I'll give it a quick try... what's the quickest way to backup my device? I have one of those portable 6" PNAs that loads up to a shell, with some small apps.

Thanks again... hope it works
pballernyc offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:33 pm

This mortscript doesn't change any device settings or registry entries so nothing on the unit is at risk, All it does is automate the suspend button, just backup the primo folder in case it suspends when primo is writing data into the save folder, Although i've been using it all day with no problems so far.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pballernyc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Oh I see... thanks for the info... This mortscript should also work for Igo 8.3 correct? Cause sometimes, I find Primo too slow for my device. And by anychance, is there any way to delay the wake up of my device after it's been suspended? Because sometimes, after my external power (car charger) shuts off, it automatically turns back on after I lock my car for another 2 minutes or so, so my damn GPS turns back on. I would like it if my device stayed sleeped/suspended, even if the external power was turned back on, for at least 3 minutes or so.

Thanks again
pballernyc offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:21 am

It can be adapted for any program as long as you know the window title, Primo is NAVI, iGO8 may be the same, If your device turns on with no power connected it should turn off again, ie, it won't stay on when no external power is available.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pballernyc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Is there anyway to prevent my device from saying "external power disconnected, running on battery," or something like that? For some reason, sometimes my device stays on, running on battery, even though the external power through the cigarette adapter is disconnected.

And I'm hoping there's a way to prevent the device from waking up for at least 60 seconds after the device suspends/sleeps.

Thanks
pballernyc offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Not that i'm aware of, It sounds like your device suspends more like a pda where the processor is still active rather than a pna where it stops, iGO wakes up my pda if i turn it off. The script above just turns the device back off if it wakes up.

I have the same problem where iGO either continues on battery or shuts down after 10 seconds, and all the sys.txt options make no difference, So the idea with the script is to suspend the device before iGO detects that no power is connected, I've been testing for two days now and still no problems so far.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pballernyc » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:47 pm

So Ive been using the script, and it works great with Igo Primo... but it doesn't work for Igo 8.3. Is there anyway to have it work for igo 8.3 also, where my device shuts down after 1-2 seconds after removing the external power?

thanks
pballernyc offline

Postby pballernyc » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:56 pm

An error message now pops up after directing my device towards power.exe to open Igo 8.3.... the error box says: "Window NAVI could not be found," "Line 2 (\SDMMC\Igo\Power.mscr): WaitFor ("NAVI ",25)

Whats weird is it works fine for primo, with a small change in folder/file names. Igo 8.3 continues to work also, but doesn't suspend properly and keeps displaying this new error message.

Please help

thanks
pballernyc offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core