[SOLVED] iGo PRIMO 2.0 - SpeedCams : no warning + other ques   

[SOLVED] iGo PRIMO 2.0 - SpeedCams : no warning + other ques

Postby stefconcours » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi there

Thanks to you, I succeeded in installing PRIMO 2.0 9.6.5.211211 on my Mio c520 (Mio Digiwalker Win CE 5) - on SD Card. I "jailbroke" my Mio with MioPockets 4 (rlz 68).

In the same time, I downloaded new SpeedCams file (from here : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9343-Speedcams-Spring-2012-both-EU-and-Worldwide). I installed in the right directory the file SpeedCamText.txt and previously I Deleted all existing files in Speedcam folder.
But I can't see these speedcams on my map and by the way I have no WARNING at all.

Is there something I missed ?

Moreover, each time I start my Mio c520, a menu appears asking me if I want to install MioPockets... I am forced to do so...
Is there a way to bypass that menu ?

Thanks a lot for your help regarding that 2 questions !

Have fun

+++

Stef.
stefconcours offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 pm

You cannot see or edit speedcams until you have a satellite lock, they do not work in simulate/flyover mode.

Miopocket needs to make extensive device modifications in order to work properly, these modifications are forgotten when you turn off the device, so miopocket effectively has to be reinstalled every time you turn off/on your device, either use suspend or use another unlock.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:42 pm

stefconcours wrote:But I can't see these speedcams on my map and by the way I have no WARNING at all.

In addition to what FBF said above, if you have never enabled speedcams on your device previously, after installing the speedcam file, go outside, wait for a satellite lock, then enable the warning in the Program Settings...usually "Sound and Warnings" or similar. Accept any disclaimer. You only have to do this once.

And by the way, nice 'formatting' of your first post....all required information, links to what you installed, etc.
Good job!
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:08 pm

stefconcours wrote:Hi there

Thanks to you, I succeeded in installing PRIMO 2.0 9.6.5.211211 on my Mio c520 (Mio Digiwalker Win CE 5) - on SD Card. I "jailbroke" my Mio with MioPockets 4 (rlz 68).

In the same time, I downloaded new SpeedCams file (from here : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9343-Speedcams-Spring-2012-both-EU-and-Worldwide). I installed in the right directory the file SpeedCamText.txt and previously I Deleted all existing files in Speedcam folder.
But I can't see these speedcams on my map and by the way I have no WARNING at all.

Is there something I missed ?

Moreover, each time I start my Mio c520, a menu appears asking me if I want to install MioPockets... I am forced to do so...
Is there a way to bypass that menu ?

Thanks a lot for your help regarding that 2 questions !

Have fun

+++

Stef.

Sorry, but I don't like MioPocket. It's MUCH too bloated for me. I would have used this unlock instead http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?8816-Mio-unlock-modified-for-Primo-2.0
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby stefconcours » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:24 am

Hi guyz

Thanks a lot to all of you. :D

You're right I'm gonna try to unlock my c520 a different way, hopping it will help to see speedcams.

Anyway, if not, I'm sure I can count on you to find a solution. :grouphug:

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:And by the way, nice 'formatting' of your first post....all required information, links to what you installed, etc.
Good job!
Thanks for that, I really appreciate. I tried to do my best :drinks:

I'll let you know if everything's fine.

Have a nice day :thumbup:

Stef.
stefconcours offline

Postby stefconcours » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:32 am

Hi there,

As promised, once stuff installed, I'm back :)

I want to really thank all of you for your great help. I do have a Mio C520 unlocked with chas521 process, Primo is correctly installed, TTS Voices are working and Speedcams TOO !!!

I was getting crazy :wallbash: and thanks to your help, I'm from now on an happy driver :gamer:

:clap:

Stef.
stefconcours offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:33 am

Excellent.

Glad to hear you got everything working how you want it.
And thanks for the report back.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core