iGo Primo 2. No Signal   

iGo Primo 2. No Signal

Postby kraigh98 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

hiya people,

ive got iGo primo 2 on an sd card used in my car stereo. it was working fine and now when i try to use the gps function on the stereo i get this screen come up.

Image Stereo

Image GPS Adapter

im not sure whether its the software thats not working or the GPS connected to the stereo that aint working.

because it says no signal i am assuming its the GPS but the software doesn't load, or does the software need a GPS signal to load first.

Any help is appreciated

Kind regards

Kraig
kraigh98 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:37 am

Primo (or iGo) does not report "No Signal" in that way. Likely it's a hardware thing...and yes, maybe without a signal, the unit does not allow any GPS software to load.
A similar problem was solved recently by resetting the device by removing all power, then powering up again:
See Post

Whether this will solve it for you, I don't know...but trying would do no harm.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kraigh98 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:36 am

Yeah i have tried removing all power and then trying again.. still the same problem persists.. i guess it would be a hardware problem and not the software problem i thought it might of been.

Kind Regards

Kraig
kraigh98 offline

Postby kraigh98 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:25 pm

i managed to get a new stereo and this time i have GPS but its constantly searching for satellites.. it rarely locks onto a satellite. i am constantly driving around and it can take hours before it locks on.. what options do i have..

Kind Regards

Kraig
kraigh98 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Did the new stereo come with a new aerial? Could be a problem with it, check the cable route for damage, loose connections etc
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kraigh98 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 pm

no its just the stereo. i bought the GPS receiver separately. It used to work ok.. it just takes such a long time to lock on to satellites..
kraigh98 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Presumably you checked the baud rate is correct, you don't have a UV filtered windscreen and you deleted the save folder if you copied the installation over from the last device.

Check the aerial cable for damage and if it's connected correctly, sometimes there are other connections on these devices which use the same connector
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kraigh98 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:34 pm

hiya, i have no idea what the baud rate is :-(.. i dont have a filtered screen and i just put the sd card into the new stereo.. i didn't delete any files or folders... i have checked the cable and the GPS receiver and its connected correctly.. i only have the one connected..
kraigh98 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:50 pm

There would be settings saved in the save folder specific to the old device, it's good practice to delete it on a new installation, this will reset iGO to it's default settings, but it fixes many problems, also find out what the GPS settings at for the new device and check they're correct within iGO.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kraigh98 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:50 pm

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

for some reason i cant post on new threads or create new threads... can someone please tell me why.

also i seem to be having a problem with the software connecting to the satellites, it can take upto 30 minutes of driving around before i get a connection..sometimes longer.. when i do get a connection and turn the engine off and the stereo goes off when i turn the stereo back on im back to square one again.

ohh and i checked the baud rate from a post i found on here and i have set it to 4800. the previous baud rate was 38400

Kind regards

Kraig
kraigh98 offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:25 pm

kraigh98 wrote:You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

for some reason i cant post on new threads or create new threads... can someone please tell me why.

also i seem to be having a problem with the software connecting to the satellites, it can take upto 30 minutes of driving around before i get a connection..sometimes longer.. when i do get a connection and turn the engine off and the stereo goes off when i turn the stereo back on im back to square one again.

Kraig

You can only post in general discussion. A mod will move it if it has to be. You should not be moving to obtain a satellite lock. You should be staying in a stationary position with a clear view of the sky.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kraigh98 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:22 pm

chas521 wrote:You can only post in general discussion. A mod will move it if it has to be. You should not be moving to obtain a satellite lock. You should be staying in a stationary position with a clear view of the sky.

I am stationary most of the time. It still takes a while to get a lock.
kraigh98 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 pm

kraigh98 wrote:I am stationary [color="#FF0000"]most[/color] of the time. It still takes a while to get a lock.

Most is not always. However, I do understand your post. Make sure that you have clear view of the sky. No trees in the way, no buildings, etc.

EDIT: You also may have to delete the save folder to begin with new options.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kraigh98 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Hiya Chas521, when you say delete the save folder, does that include my favourites I've added too. These are locations i have saved as a courier and i need them :-(
kraigh98 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm

kraigh98 wrote:Hiya Chas521, when you say delete the save folder, does that include my favourites I've added too. These are locations i have saved as a courier and i need them :-(

Then there are two things that you can do. Either rename the present save folder to ie: saveold OR copy the present save folder to your computer first and then delete the old one. You can always either rename it or copy back the old one.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core