Igo Primo questions   

Igo Primo questions

Postby ivanlaszik » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:18 am

Hy,

Since using Igo Primo on Android I found some features that are kinda anoying me, and did not find a way to deactivate:
1. If having maps from different map providers, and am on the road, and pass the country border, where the new countries map provider is different, a full screen popup appears saying that the map is from a different provider. How can this be disabled?
2. When passing the border of the new country, after the message from 1. I get a smaller notification in the right side with "yes"/"no" buttons to show me country information. How can this be disabled?
3. When I startup Igo, the position on the map is NEVER my last GPS position where I turned it off, instead it is always in the geographic center of the capital of the 1st map (in alphabetical order) which is loaded in Igo. Example: I have map of Austria loaded, being with A, it is the first map. Whenever I start Igo my "position" is always in the middle of Vienna. I removed Austria and loaded Bulgaria or Czech Rep... same, it starts in the middle of the capital city of the first map.

If anyone has some ideas to these, please share, as I couldn't find anything on the interwebs about it (or didn't look hard enough).

Regards,
Ivan.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby nabi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 am

I have no Android phone, so this is a try to help.

1. On Windows CE/Mobile versions, I always advise to use maps from the same provider. I see no reason to advise different on Android. Apart from the message, there might be - and surely will be !! - map differences where the maps "meet" resulting in detours, or worse crashes. The reason is simple, a little map error in one set, a (boarder crossing) street not known, or a geographic difference of a few meters so streets don't match, not to mention different compressions, or whatever other reason. When you have not met these errors, you are lucky.
2.Isn't there a setting in Primo Android in menu>navigation to allow crossborder navigation?
Anyways, in sys.txt (which I assume Primo Android has as well) you can add some lines

[navigation]
simple_crossborder_warning=0 ;(0)
crossborder_warning=real ;(off) simple real smart

[route]
auto_enable_crossborder=1 ;(0)

3. This is new to me. The first alphabetical map as a startup position. I have never heard this.
How do you close down? Primo should keep his last position in the save folder. But when that setting is not kept due to something ...
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby ivanlaszik » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks for the reply. I use different map providers because of the quality of them. For example topmap is the best for Romania and Hungary (from what I found, has the most detail), while for Germany and Austria I use navteq or teleatlas. I never had problems with different providers, and will continue to use it like this. Will try the suggested lines for sys.txt. I could not find any setting for crossborder, else I wouldn't ask in the forums. I also looked up the user manual for igo primo, and no setting related to crossborder.

As for nr. 3, I find that the most anoying. It does not matter how I close the app, either by "Exit" button or force close. It always starts as explained. I know it should keep his last position but it doesn't.

Regards,
Ivan.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby nabi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:51 am

Topmaps in combination with either TeleAtlas OR Navteq give no problems. It's (or was in the past) always the combination TeleAtlas and Navteq. I don't know why, but many statements came across our (previous) forum. It may be something from the past now.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby ivanlaszik » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:09 pm

I just loaded some navteq maps only, and it still does not remeber my last position after application restart. Seems like its from the app.
I can also say that I had problems with teleatlas and navteq maps, it could not create a route between maps from those two providers. Topmap and navteq = no problem.

I now added those lines to sys.txt and made a simulation of a trip between 2 countries, and did not get the before mentioned notices, but it also does not display them without the lines. Maybe in simulation mode it does not show them at all. Remains to see what happenes on an actual trip over a border.

Regards,
Ivan.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm wondering if the save folder didn't get corrupted in the beginning and is overriding a new save folder each time now the program is exited? Just guessing here, but maybe you possibly exited the program incorrectly the first time and now that has become the primary save. This could account for the last position. Have you thought about deleting the whole save folder?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ivanlaszik » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:49 pm

I did try that the second I experienced it. No help. I did it again just now. After deleting the save folder, started the app, it found me, then app restart, and it starts again in the middle of Vienna, Austria. (that is the first map on my device). Could it be that the app does not write into the save folder the last position ? Where should this information be written, so that I can check ?
ivanlaszik offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 pm

The save folder is where all the options are kept including the last GPS position. Is it also possible that you got a bad [incomplete] download of the maps you are using? Also wondering if the different map sets are somehow conflicting with each other in Primo? I've never heard of this problem in iGO8.

When you first start the program after deleting the save folder, it reverts back to the first map in its library. Delete the save folder and then get a GPS satellite lock outdoors so the map changes to your location. Exit the program properly using the exit icon and then re-start.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ivanlaszik » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:05 pm

I did the delete save folder already, mentioned it in the previous post.

In Igo8 I did not have this problem (i upgraded to primo in september when I got a new phone). One more thing I remember: at the beginning I had Ice Cream Sandwich on the phone, I did not experince this, then I installed JellyBean. I do not have the voiceissue that is known with JB but maybe this thing with the position is another JB related issue.
I have several different downloads of maps, from torrents, rapidshare links, never had download problems, and also no issues while navigating. I use the same maps on an old PDA with WinCE with an old IGO8 version where this does not happen. I understand what the save folder contains, but where exactly in the save folder, in what file is the last position written (just to check) ?
I also tried to reinstall the app several times but it did no good.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:10 pm

I can see that you're an experienced user. Honestly, I'm really don't know much about phones. PNAs are my knowledge. I use my cell to make/receive calls only. Sorry I couldn't help you further.

PM multipazz here at Navitotal. He might be able to help.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ivanlaszik » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:15 pm

It is no problem, its not that bad, the software works just fine.
Thank you for your help and time.

Maybe someone else will have some other ideas.
ivanlaszik offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Did you try to post your problem here in the phone section? You might have better luck there.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core