IGO Primo Live Traffic   

IGO Primo Live Traffic

Postby Joburgtaxi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi

Not sure if this has been asked before.

I have a Chinese double din with a Nowada 2450 board. I have IGO primo running perfectly. I recently installed a 3G card so now the Windows CE unit also has internet access.

Is there a way that I can get live traffic to work with IGO ? Also what is this FM transmitter menu option in Igo Primo ?

Thanks
Joburgtaxi offline

Postby holyhead » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Joburgtaxi wrote:Hi

Is there a way that I can get live traffic to work with IGO ? Also what is this FM transmitter menu option in Igo Primo ?

Thanks

No that is not possible and I suppose with the FM transmitter you can send the navigationvoice via a radioway to you Car radio or Fm receiver (if you gps unit has a FM transmitter (hardware).
Are you shure of a FM transmitter menu. I only know about a FM receiver menu and
that is for the use of a TMC receiver ( Traffic Message Channel ).
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Skezza » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:20 pm

holyhead wrote:No that is not possible and I suppose with the FM transmitter you can send the navigationvoice via a radioway to you Car radio or Fm receiver (if you gps unit has a FM transmitter (hardware).
Are you shure of a FM transmitter menu. I only know about a FM receiver menu and
that is for the use of a TMC receiver ( Traffic Message Channel ).
I put in a thread above that I have Live Traffic working via Internet?

Job, PM me for details, you have to modify a couple of things to get it working. Works great!

Mod's note: Please don't insult anyone trying to help. Thanks.
Skezza offline

Postby holyhead » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:29 pm

This is a opportunity to explain on this form what to do so that I and other members can learn something.
Because I believe that is the meaning of a forum.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Skezza » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Apologies, I didn't mean to insult, but I actually said in my own thread about this, that I got Live Traffic working via WiFi on my head unit. I'm sorry for snapping.

My Head unit also supports 3G, but I'm just too tight to buy a 3G Sim card or contract + you have to buy the dongle too! So I switch on WiFi Tether on my phone, and it auto-connects. Bim bam bosh, Live Traffic.

The FM Transmitter is exactly what it says it is. Some dedicated Sat Navs have an FM Transmitter, so you can listen to the instructions through your head unit. That is why Primo also has music function etc. So you can have music + instructions going through your radio. Some China Nav's have them built-in and theoretically, they should work okay. I wouldn't guarantee it though. However, if we assume that the FM modules all probably use standardized API's, there is no reason that the FM Transmitter function wouldn't work on any tinpot China nav device.

If I was going to go down that route I'd say hit this device :

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Big screen, FM Transmitter, WinCE5, Bluetooth

It's practically a tablet at peanut money. The processor is a little bit on the short side, I've seen them with 600Mhz, but you'd be surprised how efficient WinCE is. A 500Mhz Processor can easily make WinCE feel like a lovely smooth operating system. Don't believe me? Perhaps I'll prove it one day :)
Skezza offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:36 pm

How did you make out with the voices? Thanks for apologizing!!!!
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Skezza » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm

chas521 wrote:How did you make out with the voices? Thanks for apologizing!!!!
Loaded the Loq voices. No luck. Although they're slightly better, they still cut in a bit too late. I've decided a different strategy which I'll let you know tomorrow if it works. I've altered the .sys file to enable Dings before each message (just in case it's a head unit specific issue) and also so the cache is big, the TTS buffer is big, and the reserved memory is big.

There is another setting about skip_exit_all_process or something? Any idea what this does? Should this be enabled you reckon?
Skezza offline

Postby Joburgtaxi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:38 am

Skezza wrote:Loaded the Loq voices. No luck. Although they're slightly better, they still cut in a bit too late. I've decided a different strategy which I'll let you know tomorrow if it works. I've altered the .sys file to enable Dings before each message (just in case it's a head unit specific issue) and also so the cache is big, the TTS buffer is big, and the reserved memory is big.

There is another setting about skip_exit_all_process or something? Any idea what this does? Should this be enabled you reckon?

Hi

So where are the instructions to get live traffic working ?

I don't even have an icon for it but I too am using wifi connection to my phone in the car.

Cheers
Joburgtaxi offline

Postby holyhead » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:59 am

Thanks for you explanation and no Hard Feelings

regards

Holyhead
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Skezza » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:16 am

Hi Job,
I'll PM you what you need to add to your sys.txt file. It's probably a bit too long to add to one of these posts. I've attached an image of mine working this morning ;) It also activates the Local Search by Google and Historical Traffic heuristics + Traffic Announcements.

Picture of mine:
Skezza offline

Postby Skezza » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:33 am

Sent you a PM earlier.

How did you get on?
Skezza offline

Postby Joburgtaxi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Skezza

Thank you so much mate i got it all working and was not even difficult:clap:, am delighted to now have live traffic on my Chinese Nowada 2450 double din and adds a whole new dimension !!
Joburgtaxi offline

Postby Skezza » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Joburgtaxi wrote:Skezza

Thank you so much mate i got it all working and was not even difficult:clap:, am delighted to now have live traffic on my Chinese Nowada 2450 double din and adds a whole new dimension !!
Absolutely!! I'm glad that I went for the WiFi/3G model of my head unit, rather than the TMC. I hear some pretty hit and miss reviews of TMC, but this live traffic seems to be absolutely excellent!!
Skezza offline

Postby homenet » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:09 am

Joburgtaxi wrote:Skezza

Hello!

I also have a similar Chinese 2-din gps unit for my car.
Can you, please, give the instructions how you got yor live trafic working with Primo?

Thanks.
homenet offline

Postby ovalball » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:01 am

I too have a similar set up ,but mine is only bluetooth not 3g or wi fi. Iwould really like to have live traffic but dont think it is possible.Please prove me wrong someone?
ovalball offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core