igo primo 1.2 font size in route instructions on left top co   

igo primo 1.2 font size in route instructions on left top co

Postby Logician » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:03 am

Hello,

I have a problem with font size in igo primo 1.2's in route instructions on the left top corner. Numbers telling how many meters/kms left for the next action is too large and cut in the middle. Please see screenshot to understand what I mean:

I tried to change skins etc. but no avail! Is there any way to make this font smaller so that it fits into its frame?
Logician offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:07 am

What is the resolution of your device?
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Logician » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:26 pm

resolution of the device is 480 x 272 (so is the skin I'm using)
Logician offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Well, to answer your question, no I don't know how to change the font sizes for various display boxes. I know it's possible to do (skinners do it all the time so that their releases work for different resolutions), but my guess would be that it is not simple. But the point is, you should not have to. 480x272 is certainly a standard resolution, and everything should display without showing like it does on your unit. I have the same version of Primo, with the same (supposed) resolution as you and everything displays normally. The reason I asked about resolution, is that I noticed in your screenshot, what appears to be a scrollbar on the left. That is definitely not normal for a true 480x272 resolution device.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Logician » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks for your assistence!

Please note that there is not a scroll bar on the left. It is the route progress bar (which can be turned on/off via options) :)
Logician offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Logician wrote:It is the route progress bar

Guess I should have looked at the larger version of the screenshot. LOL!
Something is "squishing" various aspects of your display for some reason, and unless it is some kind of hardware screen fault, at this point I don't have a clue. Without resolution being an issue, I have never seen this, and cannot reproduce it.
A corruption of some files within Primo may be to blame, but this would be me grasping at straws.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:28 pm

It looks like your screen is only 320*240, while you are using a 480*272 skin. On the right, some more is missing. (unless you cropped the image)
Use another skin, at least one that supports 320*240 (if that is your resolution), or use no skin. But do not use a skin that doesn't fit your resolution !
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Scroll bar is on the right side in all cases. It's VERY possible that you got a bad download or an anomaly so it is my suggestion that you do another download and extraction. What is the name of the device that you have? Did you look here http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?962-How-To-s-Tutorials-and-Tweaks #21? Did you try using it without the additional skin - just the default?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Logician » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Right of my screenshot was cropped so please ignore that. Actually nothing is wrong in my display except that particular number bug. And I'm pretty sure my device supports 480*272.

The default software and skin that came with the device didn't have this problem anyway. I installed another igo primo version with another skin and although it worked great in every way it had this particular bug.

Anyway, I couldn't fix this issue, but I found a solution by installing a third installation to the device. (Yurbuh Tuggly's release here). This is working ok just like my original device installation so atm I'm happy.

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it!
Logician offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:02 am

Glad it worked out for you. Yay!:D
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core