iGO Primo fails to load & update question   

iGO Primo fails to load & update question

Postby freebo86 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:56 am

I have a question, but since Im new I can't open a new thread. Basically I just got one of those chinese units that comes with NAVI software. All was working fine until I started tinkering with it and changed some setting on the IGo software and now it won't load.. I get the following error.

"Failed to open file: ui_igo990D_490autocockpit_2.css exiting application"

I tried resetting the unit, but it doesn't seem to help it load the NAVI software.

Can anyone tell me what I have done? I recall changing some sort of cockpit setting and changing it from default to 2 or default_2. Not even sure why it did this.. perhaps the NAVI software is incomplete?

Now my next question is; my unit is a 800x480, is there a way for me to update to run the latest iGO with latest maps (Canada)? I don't even know what current version I have running right now. Perhaps, if I resolve my initial issue up there I can check somewheres my current version and update to the most recent?

My unit runs WIN CE 5,
Chip module -- SAMSUNG S3F833B
Max. main frequency -- 533MHZ
Memory Storage -- 128MB

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.
freebo86 offline

Re: iGO Primo fails to load & update question

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:50 am

Deleting the save folder will reset igo back to its defaults.

For the latest version of igo, look in the igo programs sub forum, one of the uploads by chas521 will do.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:51 am

Welcome.
You made a change to the cockpit view and a file is missing. That can be fixed, but when you want a newer build, why bother?
Though I think you made a typo in the values. I have never seen this numbers.

Never mind
When you can explore the contents of the device, delete or rename the save folder. That way you reset iGO to standard values and it should start up.
After done that, start up, do the basis settings (or all settings), go to menu-help-about and tell us what iGO it is.

Realize that updating the iGO or Primo in most cases won't bring any new. Whenever a new device is released to the market, a new (?) build number accompanies it without there is much new, if anything. Unless your iGo/Primo is old, there will be no real need to renew.

The latest Canada map seems to be more complete (general-discussions-about-igo-core-f87/size-canadian-map-increased-dramatically-t15719.html) an can be found here : maps-buildings-dem-poi-f82/canada-here-for-2013-t15712.html
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby freebo86 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, glad that this is easily fixable.

Let me explain myself a bit better. The filename might be wrong that I referenced above as it's kind of hard to read what the error message says on the screen due such a small font, so I could have made a type in the actual filename it's corresponding to.

In regards to updating, I am unsure what iGO version I have but looking from some screenshots on here I noticed the interface seems a lot more blue for the newer versions than what I recall I have (I am currently away from the vehicle so I can't try to fix the problem until next week and find the exact version) but my menu seemed more white.

So am I understanding correctly, I downloaded iGO Primo 2.4 from chase521, along with the Canada HERE maps, the POI's and Building files. I extracted the Primo2 rar and then put the maps, buildings & POI's in the corresponding /content folder under Primo2?

Would I simply then just copy the entire contents of the Primo 2.4 folder to a microSD card and just pop it into the GPS unit I have and off I go?

And what would be the difference betweenniGo Primo and iGO itself?
freebo86 offline

Postby filesupload100 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:35 pm

freebo86 wrote:Would I simply then just copy the entire contents of the Primo 2.4 folder to a microSD card and just pop it into the GPS unit I have and off I go?

Yes. it is that simple, BUT, before you do any changes, make a backup of your original SDcard. The best way is to use a new one.
One more important thing is to rename the Primo2 folder to the original name of the foldrer that is on your device/SDcard. Do the same for the exe (iGO8.exe/Primo2.exe or whatever its name is) filename, rename it to the original file name that works now on your device.
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby freebo86 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:04 am

Okay, great. I do have an extra microSD so I was planning on use that as my test to see if I can get the new Primo working. Can you tell me, do I need to adjust anything in the sys.txt file for this new Primo to start working? Do I need to setup any sort of settings prior to putting the SD card in? I see a lot of people talking about resolution etc.. or gps baud rate.

But I'll also delete the Save folder from my current microSD that doesn't appear to be working and hopefully have the original working.
freebo86 offline

Postby filesupload100 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:02 am

At first, just do what I told you and check if it works with the default settings. If any issue will popup, we will take care of it later.
No help by PM, post your questions on the relevant forum and thread only!
I'm sorry, but please don't PM me with reupload requsts.
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby chas521 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:45 pm

My name is chas521 NOT chase521.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby freebo86 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:47 am

filesupload100 wrote:At first, just do what I told you and check if it works with the default settings. If any issue will popup, we will take care of it later.

Thanks, so I deleted the save folder and the application started working again. After I did the initial config all worked fine. Then I checked the About menu.

The stuff that came with the unit lists, <Navigation Software> 9.6.13.267029.

Then I took my other microSD card and put the Primo2 stuff I downloaded from chas521, and it also loaded up fine. And under the Help menu it lists.

iGO Primo 2

So I guess both are the same versions? Just I know the maps are more updated from the stuff I got from here, as the Maps on the original SD card are from 2013 Q3.

Also, the original microSD didn't have any POI's or anything either.
freebo86 offline

Postby nabi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:30 am

The versions are the same. Difference is the program is "cured" as are the licenses.
The difference will be in updating maps, POI, etc.
The original version is limited by the license(s) present and can only be updated (and extended e.g. extra maps) the official way (possibly payable). Chas's version can be updated (and extended) without limitations, but cannot be updated the official way. The maps/POI to be used are the same, the limitation lies within the license.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby freebo86 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks for the info. I've tried the GPS this AM and it appears to be working fine with routes etc.

Now my next question would be, is there any way to optimize the iGO to perform "faster" if you will? as in load quicker, have smoother animations? It's already pretty smooth but i want it smoother :lol:
freebo86 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:57 am

Not really, it's just down to the device's hardware. Cutting down on unnecessary content can speed up loading times though.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby freebo86 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:01 pm

What would you consider unnecessary content?
I currently only have the maps for Canada, buildings and POI's for Canada as well.
There appears to be a included skin with the Primo2 from chas521.

Didn't add anything else, I believe the voices are basic just English along with the Text.
freebo86 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Just keep the content to where you actually go, rather than where you might go one day, and things like 3D buildings and dem files which are not necessary for navigation.
But in reality a faster processor makes much more of a difference than removing content.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby freebo86 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Great, thanks! Yah I believe I already got the very basic stuff on there.
Thanks again for the help all!
freebo86 offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core