iGo Primo 2 (R3) on an Erisin ES1058V (WinCE.NET v6) system   

iGo Primo 2 (R3) on an Erisin ES1058V (WinCE.NET v6) system

Postby jontyrp » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:25 pm

I have the above mentioned chinese after-market DVD/SatNav System. I've installed iGo Primo2 (version 9.6.5.211211) on an 8Gb micro-SD card. It was working fine, until I tapped on the 'Switch GPS Off' button at the end of a trip. After doing that I now just get a black screen with the words 'No Signal' showing when I try to start the GPS system again. :wallbash:

This happened right after I first received the system and I sent it back to the Erisin Service Centre in the UK to be 'repaired'! They couldn't find anything wrong with the system hardware, and returned the unit in full working order. After this has now happened again, I now realise what the 'problem' is and obviously need to find out how to re-enable the GPS sub-system.

I've tried following the advice of some one in the know who told me to access the 'Factory Setup Menu' by pressing 1 3 5 & 7 on the remote once in the normal Setup screen. This gave me an option to switch the GPS system ON or OFF, though it was showing as being ON even with the black screen and No Signal Error! I've tried toggling this setting along with switching the whole unit off each time and still get the 'No Signal' black screen error. I've posted a short video showing the symptoms on YouTube;
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Do please advise me on how to reset the GPS system so that I can start to use it again!

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan
jontyrp offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 pm

What might happen if you totally pull the plug on it (disconnect from all power or pull the fuse(s)--whichever is easier), wait a minute or two, then reconnect it?
Perhaps it will re-set itself?
If so, do not ever press "Switch GPS Off" again.

PS.."Switch GPS Off" is a hardware thing...has nothing to do with Primo (or any other GPS software). Primo has it's own method to simply 'Exit". Just do that.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Also, you may want to delete the save folder if you have one in the Primo folder.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jontyrp » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Yurbuh, Thanks for the advice.
I was wondering if disconnecting it might re-set everything, as by the time the unit had been shipped to the Erisin repair centre it was all working OK.

I was sort of hoping not to have to remove the unit from the facia yet again! It's a bit fiddly, especially the iPod cable which is rather short and so difficult to re-connect to the back of the unit.

And YES I've learnt my lesson now! I'd not realised what it was that I'd done the 1st time this all happened, but now that I do, I'll be very, very careful not to use that option. It was rather deceptive as it looks like it's the iGo exit button, but obviously isn't.

Anyway I'll give it a go in the morning and report back the results.

Jonathan.
jontyrp offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:14 pm

You could just pull a cable off the car battery. It will accomplish the same thing.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jontyrp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick note to let you know that removing the power from the main unit did the trick! The GPS Sub-System is working correctly again. Phew!!!!

Thanks for the advice Yurbuh.

Jonathan.
jontyrp offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:52 am

No problem.
Very glad you got it working again.
Now you know the secrets.:)
And stay away from that You Know What button.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core