iGO Primo custom loading.bmp solution (boot/splash/loading s   

iGO Primo custom loading.bmp solution (boot/splash/loading s

Postby inspectaclueso » Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 pm

I have spent many hours reading forums and trying various recommendations trying to use a custom loading.bmp file in my data.zip file however each time I added a new loading.bmp I would get an error on boot to the effect of “User interface resolution(800x480) is not supported or compatible skin cannot be found”.

I’ll cut to the chase… I found that recent versions of zip tools such as WinRAR and 7-Zip were the cause of the problem and that using an earlier version of WinRAR resolved the problem.

I am aware that there are other work-arounds such as creating a new ui_igo9 folder in the root directory and editing the sys.txt to link to the new files however I preferred to keep my build tidy.

I have included three software utilities in the link:

#1 WinRAR 3.0 Use this to add the edited BMP files to your data.zip archive.
#2 BMP Compressor utility. If your original BMP file is compressed and you cant view it, this utility will uncompress it so you can view or edit it.
#3 iPAQ31x utility will save your edited BMP file into a format that iGO supports.

Tips…

Your loading.bmp files are located in the data.zip file in the following locations…

data.zip > ui_igo9 > [your_resolution]
data.zip > ui_igo9 > [your_resolution] > skin_night

Use WinRAR to OPEN your data.zip archive. DO NOT unzip it. Drag your loading.bmp from the archive to your PC so you can view/edit it.

Once your loading.bmp has been edited and saved in the correct format simply add your new loading.bmp to the correct location using the add to archive option within WinRAR. It will overwrite the original.

Download utility package here...

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/664699/iGO_Loading_BMP_Toolkit.zip

Worked for me, hope it works for you also.
inspectaclueso offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core