Igo primo changing system time   

Igo primo changing system time

Postby Defie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:49 pm

I have primo installed on a chinese in car gps unit. It works great apart from one annoying bug. Every time I turn on primo it changes the system time (windows ce6) to GMT +8hrs. I am based in the UK and the Gps time is correct? I have tried every combination of timezone settings both within the software and in sys.txt. But I can't get this right. It was all fine with igo 8.3.

Any advice ??
Defie offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Defie wrote:I have primo installed on a chinese in car gps unit. It works great apart from one annoying bug. Every time I turn on primo it changes the system time (windows ce6) to GMT +8hrs. I am based in the UK and the Gps time is correct? I have tried every combination of timezone settings both within the software and in sys.txt. But I can't get this right. It was all fine with igo 8.3.

Any advice ??

Not sure because I'm doing by memory so you'll have to take this advice with a grain of salt. I believe in the settings there is a way to set the program up with "your local information". If I remember, make sure all the boxes are checked - something like that.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Defie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks for the response...I have looked everywhere within the software to try and prevent this. I think the area you are talking about is "regional settings". I have tried every combination here but still no luck. I can access ce through an unlock shell and I can see that whatever is going on resets the windows time zone to hong kong but the gps zone is GMT. Really frustrating !
Defie offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Defie wrote:Thanks for the response...I have looked everywhere within the software to try and prevent this. I think the area you are talking about is "regional settings". I have tried every combination here but still no luck. I can access ce through an unlock shell and I can see that whatever is going on resets the windows time zone to hong kong but the gps zone is GMT. Really frustrating !

You're correct, it is regional settings. I use iGO8 almost exclusively because it navigates the best for me. I'm not a Primo fan at all. But I did check my Primo settings on my SD card and I found a regional [scroll down] in settings. Clicked on it to see my settings and I have time zone set as auto. It works for me after I get a satellite lock. Have you considered just going back to iGO8 since it was OK for you? That's what I would do.

It maybe necessary for you to delete the save folder.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Defie wrote:whatever is going on resets the windows time zone to hong kong but the gps zone is GMT

As far as I know, there should be nothing within Primo that does this. If anything, the opposite may occur...where WinCE resets the time and time zone to it's set defaults in the registry (such as after a reboot of the device), and then Primo would correct it once satellites are locked onto.
Perhaps it has something to do with the particular menu/unlock you are using (some script is auto running when you choose the Nav program), or you may want to consider the version/source of Primo you are using. Perhaps it has been modified in some way.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Time Changing solved

Postby Defie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi All,

Got a fix for this from the manufacturer. Point your navigation start program to run the exe attached and it will open a configuration window to set the timezone you are in.. No more problems:dance:

One further request from the code geniuses here... There is also an option in this exe to set the OS language but it is greyed out. If any of the experts here can make this active I would appreciate it. My current CE version is in Chinese.

Any help appreciated...
Defie offline

Postby siberian » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Do you have the name of the exe as I have the same problem. One of the main problems is that of course it affects the Auto Night/Day since it takes Beijing time which is 17 hours ahead of where I am...

great find btw.

siberian
The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
siberian offline

User avatar Member

Postby Defie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi.

The exe is attached in the zip file on previous post. Change the path that normally launches the navigation to run this exe. It will run an application that allows you to set the device time zone to yours permanently.

Worked a treat for me!

Use at your own risk..this was provided by the supplier of my system to fix my problem. No guarantee that it works with all

siberian wrote:Do you have the name of the exe as I have the same problem. One of the main problems is that of course it affects the Auto Night/Day since it takes Beijing time which is 17 hours ahead of where I am...

great find btw.

siberian
Defie offline

Postby taffe » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Wow it worked on my chinese DVD navigation hu

In my case I had to set time zone to China +8 UTC and the then set the correct time zone in igo

When I clicked okay the program just froze on me , I had to reset the hu ( my hu had a small reset button on front)

Even though the it froze the time zone did change permanently
taffe offline

Postby mmyhassan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:23 pm

I have the same problem
When i use garmin or igo primo the time changes from + 3 to +8
Any body can help
Regards for all
mmyhassan offline

Postby nabi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Something in this thread that can help?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby alvaro_baarn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi mmyhassan,

Not sure if you finally got it fixed, but I had the same problem for the last 2 weeks. after searching alot, I think I found the solution within the ''unlock'' folder, file named:autorun.reg.
there is a section called: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Time]

Just replace the necessary part for the below:

CET

"TZI"=hex:\
c4,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,c4,ff,ff,ff,00,00,0a,00,00,00,05,00,03,00,00,00,00,\

GMT:

"TZI"=hex:\
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,c4,ff,ff,ff,00,00,0a,00,00,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,\

Not sure where are you based, but I guess you can find the relevant time zone code in internet. If not, just let me know.
Hope I managed to help you.

I just done mine that way, and hope it works. NOT sure yet :s

cheers
alvaro_baarn offline

Postby danicepelnik » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Hallo
I have IGO primo installed on a dvn E-83. It works great apart from one annoying bug. Every time when I turn navigation, primo changes the system time (windows ce6) for GMT 6hrs. I am based in the slowenia and the Gps time is correct? I have tried every combination of timezone settings both within the software and in sys.txt. But I can't get this right.
Could you advise me where I could buy a great gps antenna, which must be compatibile with my device (DVN-E83) because the device needs a lot of time to find the satellites.
Thank you very much for your help
danicepelnik offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 pm

after satellite lock you will get correct time.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Check the timezone set under the date and time applet in the wince control panel.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core