iGo Primo 2.4 cannot find Extra Settings menu.   

iGo Primo 2.4 cannot find Extra Settings menu.

Postby sefeing » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi there,
I have iGo Primo 2.4 installed on my Eonon D5151, an in -dash nav unit.

Im trying to figure out how to turn off the Destination Menu, the menu that gives you the option to turn off when you reach your destination and whatnot, and it's supposed to be in the Extra Settings menu.

I have the UI Labs enabled and can access it fine, but i can't seem to find the extra settings menu.

I have extra_settings=1 enabled in my sys file too, but it doesn't seem to want to bring up a menu on the nav unit.

Am i looking in the wrong spot? Help? thanks!
sefeing offline

Postby Skezza » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:02 pm

I thought the 'Have you reached your destination' question was turned off in the sys.txt
Skezza offline

Postby sefeing » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Is it? If so, how? It's the screen immediately after that that bothers me, but ifnincan do without both, that's even better.
sefeing offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Make sure these are in your sys.txt:

[debug]
experimental_features=1

[interface]
show_exit=1
extra_settings=1

Then you should be able to find what you need in settings [tools] from the first page.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sefeing » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Nope :/ can't find it. This is the page/ setting I'm trying to find. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?8851-How-to-disable-this-Destination-Menu!
sefeing offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Remember, things have been changed in 2.4, the destination menu may have been moved, or even removed altogether.

In 2.0 it's at (with dimka skin)

Extra settings -> Arriving Destination -> Destination Message (uncheck) and Destination Menu (Without menu)
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sefeing » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Ah i see. So i guess downgrading would be my only option? :/
sefeing offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:08 pm

It's worth going through all the options to see if it's been moved out of extra settings to normal settings first.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sefeing » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 am

Hmm, i can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings. I wonder if adding "remove_reached_destination=1" would work? Does 2.4 even support that line?

What are the actual differences between 2.0 and 2.4? I'm fairly new to the iGo game, so any basic explaining would be great.
sefeing offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 pm

I never used 2.4 extensively, but there are lots of reports that it's buggy, so i stuck with 2.0 for the time being as i'd rather have reliability than the latest version.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:37 pm

sefeing wrote:Ah i see. So i guess downgrading would be my only option? :/

Not really.
You could look for a skin that fits your needs and looks attractive.

sefeing wrote:What are the actual differences between 2.0 and 2.4?

FWIW

Visual the settings button has moved. Some say 2.4 starts up quicker, but that is relative of course. Compared to 2.0 routing should be better, esp for trucks/buses, motorhomes, ...
Skins are not interchangeable and 2.4 is said to crash a lot, while 2.0 is stable.
Since I still did not road test 2.4, I can not acknowledge anything said higher. Besides, some of this could depend on the device.

In general, it's better not to always want the newest, but to wait a bit and use the proven build until the new one has proven itself to be worthy. Enough people around for testing and finding the flaws ;)

Another reason for this opinion is purely based on safety. Some do think I am ridiculous about it but I am entitled to this opinion.
More than a year ago, some fake but stable 2.0 builds (copies with fake release date - in the future - and build number) were released on the Net. Nothing to worry about, only the number and date were changed, while some not yet working features were left out (like Voice Recognition) which let the fake builds work wonderingly well.
Now consider someone with bad intentions. Make a fake build and hide a virus in it. One may think a PNA is not important for a virus maker, but that same one still needs to download and prepare the build for installation and fill it with content. All this happens on a computer, right?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby sefeing » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Yep. Totally agree. Alright as soon as I get home I'm gonna try out 2.0. I didn't realize that 2.4 wasn't really the most stable

I'm running it in a car, not something that requires alternate routes and whatnot. I wonder if this will also solve my issues with igo "hogging" the GPS signal so that the head unit can't get it's time lock.
sefeing offline

Postby nabi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Could be the original is stable. But what is found on sites like this on, isn't really the original ;)
Another remark about builds. Lately, newer Primos (2.0) are not really new. The build number is newer/higher but no one can say what is really changed. Except mostly the startup logo that is bound to a certain device. In simpler words: each OEM version that comes with a new device gets a new build number. That also means that most of times, that release is adapted to a particular device (drivers, memory usage, etc).
Which means there is no real difference in OEM releases and build numbers, but never the less, on some devices some build numbers could function better than on others.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby sefeing » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Huh. so i tried regular 2.0, the one that's supposed to be the most stable.

I couldn't boot it up. Kept getting "no memory" errors when it was starting.
sefeing offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core