iGo Primo 2.0 Build 9.6.5.211211 - "Unsupported voice" error   

iGo Primo 2.0 Build 9.6.5.211211 - "Unsupported voice" error

Postby reeprich » Sat May 05, 2012 11:17 pm

Hello, I`m trying to test Primo 9.6.5.211211 in my WinCE 5/6 emulator. The source of this Primo was torrent posted in this forum.
Primo is starting, but still giving me error "Unsupported voice" and then "LoadLanguage failed",
I was trying to:
- delete everything in SAVE folder
- edit sys.txt and add
[folders]
app="Storage Card\Primo"
content="Storage Card\Primo\content"
has_secondary_root=0
- copy voice files from working Primo 9.2.1
- copy TTS files (only for my language - hope it is enough)

But with no success :bo_mini:

Any idea? Thx.
reeprich offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun May 06, 2012 5:06 am

reeprich wrote:in my WinCE 5/6 emulator

TTS Voices rarely work in an emulator, and Primo2 itself is not really emulator friendly...especially with an older emulator version. I have seen an emulator that claims to work with Primo2 fully, but I have not tried it.

reeprich wrote:Unsupported voice" and then "LoadLanguage failed

Those types of errors, in general, mean that either a component is missing for the main TTS engine, you are attempting to use incompatible voices or language files (perhaps from an older iGo/Primo version), or attempting to use Loquendo voices without making the necessary corrections/additions specific to Primo2 (such as adding "[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1
" to sys.txt).

reeprich wrote:[folders]
app="Storage Card\Primo"
content="Storage Card\Primo\content"
has_secondary_root=0

In an emulator, that section is usually not required (and can actually sometimes contribute to path/program errors depending on the emulator).
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Mustangl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:18 am

Ooooo. same error , exact same error, using emulator to avoid going up and down.. now i can move my ass. and TY i was also trying this Loquendo thingy which i have no idea what it is. I will first try without editing , then i will report back if editing is required on the actual unit

Edit:
Yep it works on my Windows Ce 6 without needing to change a thing
However i do still see one error at the load up, Sound invalid file, clikcing ok will continue and load the Software fine. I will edit that command line and get that resolved thanks. I would have never attempted to run it on my Unit if i relied on my emulator lol , So big thanks.

Btw this is wow, Its better than garmin i think., Not as Easy, But fully featured. I am using 2 gb Sd card. it has garmin files too. Think thats the reason its slight laggy?
I am on windows ce 6, sif5 128mb ram. I noticed that the igo 2009 version was so laggy on this that the animation wasnt working fine, and it was working good on a 3 year older unit, but glad this works out okay .

Somtimes when my tpms pops up then it gets soo laggy that i cant do anything, I wonder if its my Sd card. I have seen others with same unit having no issues.
Mustangl offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core