Igo Primo Android No Sound At all.   

Igo Primo Android No Sound At all.

Postby nitinule » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Dear Friends...

I have Chinese Cybernav Mini and I have iGo Primo 9.6.7.235654 May 16 2012 .. working very fine on Android 2.3.4 .. Resolution 800X4xx

The Problem is ther is no touch sound or Navigation voice or no "Drive Safely" Dialog while trying to change British English or US English Voice. Its total silent. And the English Voices are there which are not TTS.

Can sys.txt can solve this problem??? I dont have that file saved anywhere in the iGo Folder..

Can someone guide please.. I have same application working on Wince6 China device and I get proper voice instructions.. all OK. tried overwriting many files in Android device but no luck.

Help please .. I want voice instruction working on this.

regards

Nitin
nitinule offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:06 pm

nitinule wrote:iGo Primo 9.6.7.235654 May 16 2012

Where did you get it?

nitinule wrote:Can sys.txt can solve this problem??? I dont have that file saved anywhere in the iGo Folder..

Probably not. And if you see no sys.txt in the iGo/Primo folder on the SD Card you either have a non-rooted device and/or an older version that does not move the sys.txt, and if your device is not rooted, you will not be able to get to the location where sys.txt is (/data/data/com.navngo.igo.javaclient) to edit it anyway.
nitinule wrote:I have same application working on Wince6 China device and I get proper voice instructions.. all OK. [color="#FF0000"]tried overwriting many files in Android device[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]Whoa! Stop. [/color]You cannot do that. Many files and components from the WinCE version are NOT compatible with the Android version in any way.
You may now have some kind of mess.
I suggest you start over with a download from here:
-Primo-Android-9.6.7
And be sure to follow these instructions to uninstall what you have first:
you must do a full uninstall (Android Settings>Apps>iGo or Primo>Force Stop/Close>Clear Data>Uninstall)

Without knowing what you may have put in your iGo folder on the SD Card, backup any maps you have (only maps) to your PC, delete the entire SD Card folder, and start over.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Unusually for an Android app the device must not be in silent or vibrate mode otherwise you get no sound.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nitinule » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:41 am

@ Yurbuh Tuggly,

I have got it from a Chinese forum.. If you do not get it by evening then I will post it here in evening from my home PC. I have got Primo 6 July 2012 version also but for Wince6 (working on my Wince6) .. download [Please Register or Login to download file] .. tried creating new thread yesterday but was not getting option to start new thread..

1) My device is Chinese Cybernav Mini Android 2.3.4 and I have rooted it by Gingerbreak. I can access root folders by X-plorer and root explorer.. Will try again now in this direction today.

2) I copied the file and the app was indeed acting very strange didnt start only but coupler of dozan popups.. anyways.. I cleaned everything and started again but still no luck.. The Problem is yesterday when I tried changing the Voice from British English to American English it was saying "Drive Carefully" with all voices and also touch sound was ther.. but now it is missing so I am fighting with it to get it back.

3) I tried using the same voice files which are working in the Primo on Wince6..( No TTS.. I will jump with joy if English TTS will work on any of my device) But they are not working on Android.. it was working before.. But there is no touch sound also. all silent.. also other navigation apps like Sygic working like charm with voice guidence so no problem in Android device speaker hardware or something. It must be software issue only.

Will start a fresh like you have said.. will also format my device after taking back up.. lets see.

Thanks Fatboyfun.. But my device was not on silent mode.. but still will make sure next time.

regards

nitin
nitinule offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:05 am

nitinule wrote:I have got it from a Chinese forum

That, maybe, could be an issue.
nitinule wrote:was indeed acting very strange didnt start only but coupler of dozan popups

Not a good sign.....at all. Primo for Android does NOT cause this. Unless it has been tinkered with to do so. Beware..you may be dealing with malware.
nitinule wrote:I tried using the same voice files which are working in the Primo on Wince6..( No TTS.. I will jump with joy if English TTS will work on any of my device)

From the Android version posted by me (and tested by Fatboyfun), all the voices we tested work. Including the optional TTS Pro (if all instructions are followed).
And if you do not have functional TTS on your WinCE version, we solved that long ago.
-iGO-Primo-2.0-Nuance-TTS-Pro-Voices-Torrent
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nitinule » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:22 am

Thanks a lot man for your help... I will make it working I guess..

There is no malware in it.. I had copied wrong things from Wince6..

anyways.. will try in the eve and wil let you know the results.

regards

nitin

PS: I spent three hours on the above thread at night.. and gave up.. :-)

will try again.
nitinule offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:38 am

nitinule wrote:PS: I spent three hours on the above thread at night.. and gave up.. :-)

Do you mean the Primo Android download from here?:
-Primo-Android-9.6.7

I just tried the first download link, chose the "Zippyshare" option, and got the whole thing in less than two minutes.
:o
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nitinule » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:18 am

No... Not the android thread by you.. Because on my Android device is silent .. there is no voice at all.. so i tried to make TTS working on my Wince6 device.. was working the wince6 thread here but failed to download any English TTS file (Zip file) from that torrent .. I found the dat file of Jill and Smantha or something.. but was stuck because I didnt know what to do with .dat big files in that torrent. (approx 40mb).. was looking for the zip voice file.

The Only thing now is to read every word carefully on this Sunday.. I think that's th only solution.

I think I also made mistake by downloading wrong torrent (first above link in two links) file which is not compatible with uTorrent client.. wil try again with the another torrend file which is below.

regards
nitinule offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:40 am

For TTS in WinCE version, you need MORE than just the {voice}.zip file, you need the engine and associated files also.
Review the instructions under the Installation Instructions: spoiler.
iGO-Primo-2.0-Nuance-TTS-Pro-Voices-Torrent
If you have trouble with your Torrent client trying to pick and choose individual things, maybe just get the whole thing. It may be more than you need and will take longer, but at least you will be sure to HAVE what you need.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nitinule » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks a lot Brother for your help...

I made it working.. I flashed the Device with the ROM provided by the Chinese manufacturer.. and first i installed the app from your suggested thread step by step from the scratch.. now all working fine..

Now also bought the TTS Engine from Google play but is not compatible with my device..
But happy with the English Voices I have got now.

thanks once again.. But still Pico text to speech is installed by default on my device.. so will try in that direction.

regards

Nitin
nitinule offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 am

With the mixture of topics....Android and WinCE versions of Primo...I'm a little bit confused about to which you are referring sometimes:confused:
But glad you got it worked out.
At least I think so.
:o
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nitinule » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:17 am

Regarding my Android Gingerbread GPS device.. : The Voice is Back.. Simple direction voice is good now. Pico is installed on it.. so will try to make the TTS working on it today night. Right now I have not added the TTS voices on it.

About my Wince6 Device.: All working fine.. Once I will be done with the TTS on ANdroid then I will try the same on Wince6.

thanks

regards
nitinule offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 pm

OK. Just always remember to keep the two separate. When it comes to TTS Voices, the files are not interchangeable between Android and WinCE versions of Primo.
Android = only the Android-Modified {voice}.zip file (nothing else in the iGo/Primo folder on the SD Card) + a compatible TTS engine for the device. Pico should be fine. But just curious...what did you get from Google Play that was not compatible?

A good way to check if the Android system TTS engine is working in Android is to download/install Googles' Speaktoit Assistant (Free) from Google Play. The first time you run it, it will tell you if anything is wrong with TTS, and/or what you might need to do or get. If it talks, you are good to go.

WinCE = the {voice}.zip file, the tts_nua_v5 folder that includes the components for the chosen voice, and the VAUTOV5.DLL file <<--all in the correct places in your Primo2 folder on your device or SD Card.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nitinule » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks a lot bro.. You are real helpful Moderator..

I had bought [Please Register or Login to download file] which was not good with my Gingerbread. So I refund it.
Wil work on all the things tomorrow and will let u know the development..

Thanks once again' Best regards

Nitin
nitinule offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Huh. That's odd. I had SVOX on a Gingerbread device not too long ago and it worked fine.
Maybe they broke it with some new version update?
I'm on ICS now and have not really tried any other voice engines other than stock...Pico, but now called "Google Voice" or something like that.
But no matter...you'll probably find that Pico is adequate. Not 'perfect' for realism (kind of robotic), but understandable and reliable.

Yes, definitely let me know how you get on with TTS (both Android and WinCE). Ready to help if you need it.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core