Igo not working on WS-6530 Chinese 2 Din, NEED HELP! Bad   

Igo not working on WS-6530 Chinese 2 Din, NEED HELP! Bad

Postby jperez2010 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:03 am

Hey guys,

I have been at this for hours trying to install Igo on my chinese made Navi Unit. The problem was that I erased my SD card on accident so I lost all original IGO 8 Software I had. I tried contacting way wells and they were pretty much useless.

So I found this forum and saw Primo was up for 320x240 res, at least I think it was and just decided to give that a go since the IGO 8 programs didn't look like the one I was running.

Anyways, I tried for the last 7 hours lol, trying to mod the Primo onto the nav system and I either get 3 things happening. 1st time I tried it, the screen came up and everything worked, when I selected language, and tried to press done, the screen kept down scrolling. Basically the buttons for the bottom of the screen just didnt work together. So I read and found out I had the wrong res.

When I tried to download the 320x240 data zip, I replace it on the root of the SD card. I go back to try it and the screen shows loading, then nothing happens. This Primo with the new datazip was under 64MB. Nothing happens and I cant get it to work.

Lastly, I tried contacting the sales men of the unit in 2009, he directed me to a Primo version, but its like 256MB. I tried it out, but the unit says "Out of Memory".

I tried cleaning out some of the files but I can only get it down to 100MB without knowing anything else to clean up.

Can someone suggest or advise me on what steps I need to take. I tried following the stick on the 2Din, but I couldnt find the files he was talking about for the IGO.

Sorry, been at this for hours... Thanks in advance. Just learning so be easy on me.
jperez2010 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:43 pm

First, can I assume that you've read this? http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?962-How-To-s-Tutorials-and-Tweaks #14. Next, I can't seem to find any information on your device. Is there a link to a page that I can see? If not, post any and all that you can. For example, screen size, resolution [I know you said 320_240], RAM memory, operating system core, etc.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jperez2010 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:17 pm

chas521 wrote:First, can I assume that you've read this? http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?962-How-To-s-Tutorials-and-Tweaks #14. Next, I can't seem to find any information on your device. Is there a link to a page that I can see? If not, post any and all that you can. For example, screen size, resolution [I know you said 320_240], RAM memory, operating system core, etc.

Thanks for your reply. The Unit I have is rare, it was once a concept model that was suppose to be an upgrade from the WD6050 for VW but everyone who ordered got screwed over and like 2 of us actually got the unit. Because of that, I think they just didn't make this model and just upgraded the WD6050.

My resolution is 320x240 on the GPS
The Unit is running Windows CE 5
Screen size is just under 7 ins (Cant remember the exact)
I am assuming the RAM is only 64MB but I will need to double check
I will update this information after work, I was just thinking someone might know what the WD6050 use and how they got it to work. I'll re read the how to tutorials and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.
jperez2010 offline

Postby jperez2010 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Still no luck... this just isn't for me. I feel like flashing android is much easier. Every file I try, just doesn't work. I tried using Igo 8.3 (R3) stuff and I get the program to load but the buttons to select language don't work again. Sorry to whine, I just don't get it.
jperez2010 offline

Postby eskro » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:24 pm

[Please Register or Login to download file]
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby jperez2010 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks but I've been there already and as much of that I have read and followed, its the reason I am posting for help.
jperez2010 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 pm

@jperez2010

I understand why you did it but having two exact posts is really not a good idea. I'm going to delete the other same post and see if I can merge it with this one and then we'll attack your problem.

EDIT: There is a car navigation system section here. I say that because you talked about it being for VW. Try there and see what happens. Who knows - I'll keep my fingers crossed. Also, I think that your resolution is 800_480. Does the name Waywell ring any bells?
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jperez2010 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:34 am

Yes it is waywell. For some reason, I ran a resolution program from the tutorial thread on 2 din and it said my res was 320x240. My god, if its because its suppose to be 800x400 im going to hit myself. I'll give it a try. Thanks, lets keep them crossed, im so tired of researching this. Its been 2 full days now.
jperez2010 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:50 am

I think 800_480 not 800_400.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jperez2010 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:51 am

Sorry, typo.

EDIT: No problem. It happens.
jperez2010 offline

Postby jperez2010 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:32 am

I think I am getting somewhere. I installed version - Igo8 8.3.2.90500 R3 (May 20, 2009), only older one I could find. Loads up and I can select language but says no maps, so now I am going to load the maps and see where it can go. Primo doesn't seem to work for me since I can't find a working 800x480 data zip here on the forums. I contacted the seller again and he sent me a version, but my Navigation says out of memory when installing it.

I've attached a picture of the Primo Error. I Don't know what it means only that I cant install it lol.
jperez2010 offline

Postby nabi » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:24 am

The error means there is not enough memory available.
I don't understand 2 things about this Primo message:
1. Why installing? Nor iGO, nor Primo needs installing in memory, only on sd.
2. The error occurs installing? Is there something installed then?

It's said before, but I say it again. Read the installation threads! But do it relaxed! And than act.
Primo/iGO both run from sd card flawlessly. If you follow the instructions, all should go well.

BUT: be careful! I don't know what you did or did not. The issue could now be you did install something in devices memory, overwriting a needed file, or filling up needed space (memory). A minor thing could be trying to start up iGO/Primo, using the shortcut I see on the image, and fail.

If you don't succeed: can you provide us with an overview what is on the device? Maybe tell us what was on the sd?
(I am thinking it is possible that the original soft was in memory AND on sd, one can't without the other. Replacing the original could solve all)
Also, can you check your manual or ask the sales man how to do a hard reset? Many devices repair to factory settings.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:10 pm

jperez2010 wrote:I think I am getting somewhere. I installed version - Igo8 8.3.2.90500 R3 (May 20, 2009), only older one I could find. Loads up and I can select language but says no maps, so now I am going to load the maps and see where it can go. Primo doesn't seem to work for me since I can't find a working 800x480 data zip here on the forums. I contacted the seller again and he sent me a version, but my Navigation says out of memory when installing it.

Did you go here for my complete iGO 8.3 with TTS? You should have. I find it better than Primo. It already has your resolution. The only change you have to make is in the sys.txt. Change the resolution from 480_272 to 800_480. Make sure that you save the file before exiting.
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1837-Working-iGO-8.3-from-my-device

Advice: The first thing that anyone should do is to completely back up the files/folders on your working device. Especially those files/folders that might be edited by any change that you are adding/deleting. In fact, EVERYONE should back up their devices even if they are working 100% because you never know.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jperez2010 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Thanks Nabi and Chas.

I havent tried the link you have. Will try it now though. Sorry, I wish there was a manual. No manual and no help from waywell.

Just a bit more details:

When I install anything, I am just directing the igo.exe to be open from the SD card. The system has always worked only with the SD card in the slot and not any other way. I've tried getting the original igo files but the seller and the company have stopped responding. I gave up on primo for sure, now trying to get igo 8.3 working. I've noticed I get more luck with it. It starts up, im able to select languages etc. I've gotten as far on one platform to where I needed to just install the maps, but I messed it up by trying to mess with data.zip and branding.zip files. I've been at this for 3 days now and I guess trying a million things so I've been messing up a lot. Like Nabi said, going to relax and try this again.

Thanks guys for putting up with my ignorance on this. Downloading Chas 8.3 now.
jperez2010 offline

Postby nabi » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:19 pm

jperez2010 wrote:
So I found this forum and saw Primo was up for 320x240 res, at least I think it was and just decided to give that a go since the IGO 8 programs didn't look like the one I was running.

jperez2010 wrote:My resolution is 320x240 on the GPS
The Unit is running Windows CE 5

Please do the resolution test to make sure.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core