iGo Newbie Questions   

iGo Newbie Questions

Postby skaboy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 am

Hi,

Just installed iGo on my Peaklife GPS and got a couple questions that I hope someone can help me with ...

1. Have installed UK+ROI maps on it and works fine .. if I wanted to add France as plan on going there can I just put France in maps folder and the software will know which to use ? Can you switch maps within the software or is it case of swapping files in and out of the folder manually ?

2. I plan on going to the US of A also ... not sure if the copy I downloaded from here will work with US maps ? I can see no mention of USA in the supplied licenses .. can I get a "world" license from somewhere ?

Sorry if these are stupid questions !!

Thanks in advance.
skaboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 am

skaboy wrote:Sorry if these are stupid questions !!

No such thing! Very valid questions.

1) You can put any maps (*.fbl files) in your ..content/map folder that you intend to use..now or in the future. If you are physically in the area of the map..with a lock on satellites..the maps will automatically be used and displayed. No need to 'switch'.
The only thing you can't do (for example) is to route from the UK to another country if the country maps in between are not present.
2) You should be OK. All maps should work...this depends on exactly what you downloaded from where, of course.
To check this, install the maps, go in settings to Help>About>More>Content, etc..... if the maps are enabled (or not) it will show as such.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby skaboy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks for that !! I downloaded the copy of iGo from here http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011 .. so I'm hoping it will be fine.

Presumably I can load up POI etc. for other countries as well in the same way ?
skaboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:13 pm

skaboy wrote:so I'm hoping it will be fine.

For the US? Yes, it will be fine. Chas521 put together that particular distribution, and he knows a bit about having it work in the US.:D
skaboy wrote:Presumably I can load up POI etc. for other countries as well in the same way ?

Yes, as long as you have the space and your device has enough RAM to work with.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core