Igo help   

Igo help

Postby begenk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi Chas...

i wanna ask u ,,, maybe u can help me
i already download program Igo Primo , Igo R3 Version on My Way way GPS...
that's all work fine...but i have something problem when i write at the menu of address / POIs
example .... jalan sudirman >>> hmmm i dont know why that program exactly stuck (blank view) then restart...
and i try to edit my sys.txt ____ [debug] the problem has chance ,, no more restart again but its stuck and show write "out of memory"

please give me ur advice to help my problem..
sorry i forget something... i have this problem when i try to put (Indonesia.fb) R3 map Version into the map folder
thx chas
begenk offline

Postby eskro » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:24 pm

begenk wrote:hi everybody
i wanna ask u all,,, maybe some1 can help me
that's all work fine...but i have something problem when i write at the menu of address / POIs
example .... jalan sudirman >>> hmmm i dont know why that program exactly stuck (blank view) then restart...
and i try to edit my sys.txt ____ [debug] the problem has chance ,, no more restart again but its stuck and show write "out of memory"

sorry i forget something... i have this problem when i try to put (Indonesia.fb) R3 map Version into the map folder
thx

how much memory your gps has? 64mb?

are you using TTS voices?

3D buildings? 3D terrain?
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby begenk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:53 pm

i use primo program in my Storage card (SDMMC) and my gps capacity 1GB
the capacity of the memory is 2GB
hmm..... about 3D n TTS i m not use it
begenk offline

Postby eskro » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 pm

how much memory your gps has? 64mb?
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 pm

begenk wrote:Hi Chas...

i wanna ask u ,,, maybe u can help me

thx chas

Let's start here with the Indonesia map. The R3 map must have a .fbl extension. You talk about only .fb. Rename your map so that it has the full extension and then copy it to content\map.

When you make any changes to the sys.txt you MUST save the file from the file menu dropdown before you exit or the changes will not take effect.

I don't know what jalan sudirman is. Is that a POI? In order to see POIs you need a separate POI file - not only a map file. The POIs go into content\POI.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Sorry for this, Chass. I got rid of the duplicates the same time you were answering here.
So I reopened the thread.

EDIT: Thanks Nabi!
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby begenk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 pm

hi chas
i am sorry before, to Indonesia fb, i am wrong in terms of typing I mean is Indonesia.fbl..... sudirman road (some addres in jakarta town) is an example of where I am typing on a keyboard igo/primo
how do I make changes to the system txt?
whether there was something I had to re-edit?

thanks
begenk offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:00 pm

begenk wrote:hi chas
i am sorry before, to Indonesia fb, i am wrong in terms of typing I mean is Indonesia.fbl..... sudirman road (some addres in jakarta town) is an example of where I am typing on a keyboard igo/primo
how do I make changes to the system txt?
whether there was something I had to re-edit?

thanks

What program are you trying to use with the Indonesia.fbl map? R1 maps will only work for iGO 8.0 and R3 maps will only work for iGO 8.3/4 or Primo.Just double-click on sys.txt in the iGO8 folder to open up the sys.txt. Make the necessary changes and remember to save the file.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby begenk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:00 pm

so, maybe what I was doing first to solving my problem of errors in these Igo program...
I really needed the help
begenk offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:02 pm

begenk wrote:so, maybe what I was doing first to solving my problem of errors in these Igo program...
I really needed the help

Sorry, but I really don't understand this post.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby begenk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:12 pm

true, I get that map from naviextras.com ....then what the next step when I've opened the sys txt what I might have to write something inside the word? like
[map]
MapBuildID=xxx
MapSerialNumber=xxx
MapReleaseYear=xxx
MapReleaseId=xxx
MapProvider=xxx
begenk offline

Postby xtyler92 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:35 am

I have never seen anyone have to write that into their sys.txt. When you downloaded the maps did you make sure your license was compatible? I ask because sometimes when maps aren't showing up it's because the license doesn't match the maps. Easiest work around for that is to use a cracked copy of igo8 or Primo... assuming that the maps will work with Primo.

The easiest way to tell if the map is working is to use the "about" button. When you click that in igo8 it should allow you to look at your content and you should be able to see your map under maps. If not, well then the odds are the map isn't working. Also if you see the map darkened out that is not good, same thing issue with the license.

Now, to me it sounds like igo8 isn't recognizing your map (based on what i think i understand in your post). So my suggestion would be to download a cracked copy of igo8 and see if that cracked copy recognizes the map, if so well then you'll probably be stuck using the cracked copy of igo8 in order to use the map....

However, you mentioned you downloaded the map from Naviextras... if that were true then you would have had to have your device hooked up to your computer and the license and map would have updated at the same time... so that makes me question things, since there should be no reason your map from naviextras shouldn't be working with your legal copy of igo8.
xtyler92 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core