IGO for iPhone and/or Android   

IGO for iPhone and/or Android

Postby dannyu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi All,

As can be found in this forum, there are IGO versions suitable for iPhone and/or Android. Its the same verion and it's actually IGO AMIGO which was compiled/adapted for these smartphones.

Does anyone know of other IGOs (IGO8, PRIMO) suitable for smartphones as well? is there such a version at all?

I guess the answer is no, but If there is such a version, can it be uploaded by anyone someday?

Thank you,
Danny
dannyu offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Yes.....someday. Maybe.

If a 'real' Primo Android version were available, it would probably already be here, and I would probably already be using it. NNG is a bit slow with Android development...or they are ignoring it for the time being. A dangerous move (or lack thereof) if they are concerned with their market share. So for the time being, the modified Amigo setups (both Thick and Thin) are the only current viable options for iGo on Android.

Here is how it, and a couple of competitors stack up on Android:

Copilot9 = 157MB + 18.4MB APK
iGo/Amigo ("Thin") = 227MB + 3.62MB APK +46MB Loquendo TTS
Sygic Aura = 674MB + 5.93MB APK

All have same 2 country (European) maps, and all have similar POI and voice options.
All run reasonably well on a Galaxy Mini Smartphone, so probably would do the same on similar or better Android devices.

I have tried others, but dismissed them for various reasons. Most of the deleted ones were really bad at something or had an incomprehensible interface.
Sygic is absurdly large and of the three, I care for it the least.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core