iGo on in-Dash Unit   

iGo on in-Dash Unit

Postby adqttr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 pm

I have a Chinese in dash unit, and I am trying to install iGo on it. On the 8.3 I installed I could not get passed the part where you choose a language, I am not sure if it is because my resolution is not correct. On the Primo version I cannot get it to find my gps. I changed the sys.txt file to port 2 and braud 9600 which works for my route66 maps. It is an external gps if that matters. any ideas? Thanks for all your help.
adqttr offline

Postby camaro69 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:18 am

I'm also running IGO8.3 and my port and baud are set for 2 and 9600.

If the unit is HD then the resolution should be set to 800x480.
camaro69 offline

User avatar Member

Postby bazzle » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:55 am

Does it say GEODB INITxxx?

Bazzle
bazzle offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby nabi » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:09 am

adqttr wrote:I have a Chinese in dash unit, and I am trying to install iGo on it. On the 8.3 I installed I could not get passed the part where you choose a language,

"could not get passed the part where you choose a language" is very vague to go on. We need more info
What exactly happens? Do you have languages in the content/language folder? Is there any message?
It's possible the language(s) present - or the one you choose - is not a iGO language, or a corrupt file, or ...

adqttr wrote: I am not sure if it is because my resolution is not correct

No, when the resolution would be the major problem, iGO would not start but give a black or blue screen, and return to the previous screen. You would not get as far as "could not get passed the part where you choose a language"
When it would be a minor problem, the screen would either be to small or to big.

adqttr wrote:On the Primo version I cannot get it to find my gps. I changed the sys.txt file to port 2 and braud 9600 which works for my route66 maps. It is an external gps if that matters. any ideas? Thanks for all your help.

Again we need more info. IGO doesn't get that far, so there is no comparison.
Route66? Standard on the device? Starts up with the device? Or not?
When you had used the search function (no need to, really, the thread is just a bit lower on the iGO general discussions page) you would have found this thread : http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5375-Autodetecting-GPS-receiver.. Possibly there are even more threads about the problem
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about iGO core