IGO 8.3.4.142975 volume problem   

IGO 8.3.4.142975 volume problem

Postby washoku » Mon May 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey guys, i have recently updated my IGO 8.0 to IGO 8.3.4.142975. I have found some issue with the volume setting in the new version. The volume must be set to maximum to be able to work. If i set the volume a little bit lower, there is absolutely no sound. Is there a way to fix this by editing the "system.ini" file?

#note: don't know why but i can only found a "system.ini" file instead of the "sys.txt" file in the IGO folder.

Thanks. :)
washoku offline

Postby chas521 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:24 pm

washoku wrote:Hey guys, i have recently updated my IGO 8.0 to IGO 8.3.4.142975. I have found some issue with the volume setting in the new version. The volume must be set to maximum to be able to work. If i set the volume a little bit lower, there is absolutely no sound. Is there a way to fix this by editing the "system.ini" file?

#note: don't know why but i can only found a "system.ini" file instead of the "sys.txt" file in the IGO folder.

By any chance are you using my iGO upload? http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1837-Working-iGO-8.3-from-my-device If you are using my upload, add this to the sys.txt:

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor=1
a0=56806
thrs=24703
ratio=8
gain=10

If you aren't using my upload, then I don't know what you've got.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby washoku » Tue May 03, 2011 7:23 am

i am using a diffrent upload from another forum. i'll download yours and try.
washoku offline

Postby washoku » Tue May 03, 2011 8:35 am

chas521 wrote:By any chance are you using my iGO upload? http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1837-Working-iGO-8.3-from-my-device If you are using my upload, add this to the sys.txt:

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor=1
a0=56806
thrs=24703
ratio=8
gain=10

If you aren't using my upload, then I don't know what you've got.

no luck... now igo won't even run. it give me this error message: "Program application database cannot be found." :(

(Never mind i fixed the startup problem)

(but the sound is still not working. by the way i am running mio pocket 4... maybe it's the problem with this?)
washoku offline

Postby Yurbuh Yuggly » Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 am

washoku wrote:n

(but the sound is still not working. by the way i am running mio pocket 4... maybe it's the problem with this?)

It is possible that MioPocket has changed or prevented the loading of something that has to do with the unit's sound--without knowing your hardware, it would only be a guess as to what.
Maybe try a simpler unlock that you can run from the SD card to test this out (after removing MioPocket completely and correctly).
Yurbuh Yuggly offline

Banned Users

Postby washoku » Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 am

can you suggest some better unlock program please:kiss_mini: the reason i use mio pocket is because it has a video player on it which allow me to play videos on my GPS.
washoku offline

Postby Yurbuh Yuggly » Tue May 03, 2011 9:56 am

I don't happen to use this one:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5221-Universal-Shell-V1.0
But reports are good, you can trust who makes and supports it, AND it comes with a media player also--of course, if you like the media player that comes with MioPocket, you could always copy it out of the package and use that instead.
Yurbuh Yuggly offline

Banned Users

Postby chas521 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:29 pm

washoku wrote:Hey guys, i have recently updated my IGO 8.0 to IGO 8.3.4.142975. I have found some issue with the volume setting in the new version. The volume must be set to maximum to be able to work. If i set the volume a little bit lower, there is absolutely no sound. Is there a way to fix this by editing the "system.ini" file?

If you let me know what is the name of your device, I may have a simple unlock for you with the media player.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby washoku » Tue May 03, 2011 12:30 pm

now got the new unlock running smoothly on my system. but it didn't fix the volume problem. howevere i have found an alternate solution which is by setting the voice guidance volume really low so the GPS is not as loud as before, but the master volume still has to be set to maximum to be able to hear things. :mail1:
washoku offline

Postby washoku » Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 pm

by the way my device is Uniden TRAX325 running Windows CE 5 have a 400MHZ processor.
washoku offline

Postby chas521 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Your device is 320_240 so you would have to modify this unlock for your device's resolution. Also as was said, you would copy the MioPocket media player to it if you so desire.

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2627-unlock-your-480x272-CE-5.0-or-4.2-PNA-Device

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Yuggly » Tue May 03, 2011 1:21 pm

washoku wrote:now got the new unlock running smoothly on my system. but it didn't fix the volume problem. howevere i have found an alternate solution which is by setting the voice guidance volume really low so the GPS is not as loud as before, but the master volume still has to be set to maximum to be able to hear things. :mail1:

It sounds (no pun intended) as if the iGO master volume control is acting more as an On/Off switch. Somehow this is being interpreted from your hardware incorrectly.
When you run the unit's original software, does the volume control behave normally? This would indicate some modification within the original software (or some special DLL being auto-loaded when it starts). Unless you can track this down, you may have to live with your alternate solution. So it probably was not MioPocket after all, but you may be better off in the long run without it.
Don't get me wrong--MioPocket is an amazing collection of stuff and works quite well for some, but it has grown to be such a Mortscript-Monster house of cards, there can be hundreds of chances for error that can be incredibly difficult to to solve successfully.
Yurbuh Yuggly offline

Banned Users

Postby washoku » Tue May 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Yurbuh Yuggly wrote:It sounds (no pun intended) as if the iGO master volume control is acting more as an On/Off switch. Somehow this is being interpreted from your hardware incorrectly.
When you run the unit's original software, does the volume control behave normally? This would indicate some modification within the original software (or some special DLL being auto-loaded when it starts). Unless you can track this down, you may have to live with your alternate solution. So it probably was not MioPocket after all, but you may be better off in the long run without it.
Don't get me wrong--MioPocket is an amazing collection of stuff and works quite well for some, but it has grown to be such a Mortscript-Monster house of cards, there can be hundreds of chances for error that can be incredibly difficult to to solve successfully.

yeah...the volume setting of the original IGO from my device woked fine. you are probaly right about the modification within the original software because i have found the sys.txt file in the original software as simple as this:

[device]
type="maptrax_350"

but everything works well with these simple lines :snooty:
washoku offline

Postby washoku » Tue May 03, 2011 1:53 pm

HAHAHA! All fixed

solution was just adding this to the sys.txt file:

[device]
type="maptrax_350"

I AM SO HAPPY!:rolling:
Thanks everyone for your help.
washoku offline