IGO 8.3.4.102680 on NAVIGON 4350 MAX   

IGO 8.3.4.102680 on NAVIGON 4350 MAX

Postby digital » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Hello,

I've managed to install IGO 8.3.4.102680 on NAVIGON 4350 MAX and program is working well except it can't find gps driver. No matter how I change sys.txt with any settings it stays the same. Everything is working perfect with original software but maps are outdated.

Anyone knows what to do, any experience with this problem?
digital offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:33 pm

In 8.3.4 you can change the GPS settings within the programme itself, I don't have a device with that version installed at the moment but from memory there was a autodetect option that would find the settings.

EDIT: Try these settings: Port=2 Baud=57600
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ton » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:45 am

Try iGO Primo, it will look for a gps port itself and no directions in sys.txt are necessary.
R/T
Ton offline

Postby nabi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Ton wrote:Try iGO Primo, it will look for a gps port itself and no directions in sys.txt are necessary.
R/T

Strange opinion: iGO does search automatically for GPS port and baud too. Unless settings are preset and wrong (I will explain in a minute).
Switching to Primo can be a solution, but THE solution????

digital wrote:Hello,

I've managed to install IGO 8.3.4.102680 on NAVIGON 43xx MAXX and program is working well except it can't find gps driver. No matter how I change sys.txt with any settings it stays the same. Everything is working perfect with original software but maps are outdated.

Anyone knows what to do, any expirience with this problem?

I am wondering here what is exactly going wrong and if there is a message.
"GPS receiver is not connected" means that iGO can't see the satellites but has found the GPS port and baud.
If the port or baud are wrong it says "GPS receiver cannot be found".

Not finding GPS can be caused by the source where you got the 8.3.4 build. It can be a clean build, it can be a build, setup for a device, which is not a Navigon. Then all kind of problems will arise sooner or later. When set up for any device, it can be found by exploring the save folder and sys.txt.
What happens if you delete the save folder? Don't worry, it will be remade. When in there are wrong settings iGO can be mislead enormously.
And what is in sys.txt?

Also a possible cause is the combination iGO8.3.4 and Navigon. It's certainly not a flawless combination though some Navigon devices give no problem at all.
With iGO8.3.2 builds there is (mostly) nothing wrong. If driving alerts are important to you, then you are stuck with 8.3.4 or Primo. If not - and when you drive safely and watch the road, not your GPS constantly, thus driving alerts are a gadget - you can use 8.3.2. Download a 8.3.2 build and change the exe.file. Also delete the save folder then.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby digital » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:41 pm

First thing thank you all for your answers. I've installed iGO primo 8.5.11.168090 and now I am having constantly "Looking for GPS signal..." message, when I tap on on it GPS information says "available satellites: 0". Now I will attach sys.txt (F:\NAVIGON) and CoreConfig.ini (F:\NAVIGON\Settings\Core) maybe that will give some extra infos.
digital offline

Postby nabi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I haven't looked in the attachments yet. Honestly, I am optimistic here.
"Looking for GPS signal...", GPS port and baud have been found, satellites have not yet.
Take your device outside, see it has a clear view to the sky (as less as trees, buildings, .... possible so nothing blocks) and wait. It can take a long time for a first ever GPS fix. rule of thumb is 20 minutes, it can take shorter, it can take longer. All depends on satellite positions, weather conditions, atmospheric circumstances,.....
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Ton » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:55 pm

Agree with nabi: it may take some time to find satellites the first time: I had that experience when I first started up iGO Primo on my Navigon TS 7000T.
R/T
Ton offline

Postby digital » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:55 pm

Device was almost one hour with clear sky view but none sattelites found :( ...
digital offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Did you ever think about trying my working version of iGO 8.3.2 http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1837-Working-iGO-8.3-from-my-device

EDIT: When having your device search for satellites, you MUST remain stationary in one place and NOT be moving.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:57 pm

digital wrote:Device was almost one hour with clear sky view but none sattelites found :( ...

Sorry to hear that :( nevertheless, put the device stationary and retry patiently. Many things can have an influence, like I summed up. Weather is very important.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby digital » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:38 am

Guys, main problem here is: never mind which application is installed it can't recognize gps receiver for some reason, even Primo was saying looking for satellites I think that was false since he couldn't find any until full battery was drained. If anyone was facing the same problem and managed to solve it please share it with us here. To be clear I am having another device next to this Navigon and it finds 7 satellites in 5 minutes it means I have all conditions necessary for gps lock :) .
digital offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:47 am

How did you unlock it?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ton » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm

The only thing I could think of while I was walking the dog, is that perhaps no basemap is loaded so an eventual gps lock is blocked by the fact that the location can not be projected on a map ?
Primo looks for a receiver first, and once it has found one, it starts looking for satellites, but you need at least a basemap in iGO/content/maps.
R/T
Ton offline

Postby digital » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:How did you unlock it?

If you mean unlocking of device - I didn't know I have to unlock it? Is this true can someone confirm it?
digital offline

Postby digital » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Ton wrote:The only thing I could think of while I was walking the dog, is that perhaps no basemap is loaded so an eventual gps lock is blocked by the fact that the location can not be projected on a map ?
Primo looks for a receiver first, and once it has found one, it starts looking for satellites, but you need at least a basemap in iGO/content/maps.
R/T

Yes I have loaded maps already and they are visible on device.
digital offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core