No icons in Primo 2.0   

No icons in Primo 2.0

Postby terzer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Hello, today I tried Primo 2.0 (I was with Primo 1.1). I installed it with GJA 1.07d skin.
I added branded icons (created folder ui_igo9\usericon), but in Primo 2.0 I cannot see them, only the built-in icons are visible. I tried various folders (ui_igo9\common\brand_icons, also CONTENT\userdata\usericon), no icons.

In which folder should I put them and in what format? I tried .bmp, .png (with spr file).
Thank you!
terzer offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:45 pm

If you want to use custom POI icons without corresponding KML files, you should put the icons (bmp format sized for your resolution..for example in 480x272 each bmp file should be no larger than 32x32 pixels) and their associated spr files in {Primo Folder}\ui_igo9\common.
In order for them to show up when selecting icons to display, you may need additional files in ui_igo9\icons\poi.
The easiest way to see how this works (and avoid a very long post explaining it) is to download and take a look at the POI packs available here:
:link:
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby terzer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I installed the icons from the link you gave me, yes I see different icons, but the program crashes. (failed to load ***** file, exiting eplication.) Each time is different file. Is it memory issue? I removed the icons, I don't need, do I have to edit the .icon text files also?
Thanks!

And a whole another question (I don't want to open a new thread):

Can I merge schemes? Here's the situation: I like one scheme very much, but it doesn't have topographical elevations for the mountains ect. I looked in the topo scheme. Which lines from the ini do I have to edit, in order to change the elevation colors?
terzer offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Yes, everything in the download is sort of woven together, and if you remove or change something, you often have to edit out references in other files to avoid crashes. Or it could be a memory issue too.
I did not mean to imply that you had to use the download, just to look at it and use it as a guide if you wanted to use your own icons.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:27 pm

terzer wrote:I installed the icons from the link you gave me, yes I see different icons, but the program crashes. (failed to load ***** file, exiting eplication.)

I re-downloaded both packs to check them out, and it appears that some text in a few files got corrupted (perhaps the result of the encryption/compression routine I used for the upload), that could be causing your errors...if it's not a memory thing. I went through and corrected all the corruption I could find and re-uploaded both packages (this time without any encryption in the compression). I fixed the links on the main page with these 'new' versions, so you might want to try the new set on your device (just delete the old set completely and replace as per instructions here:
iGo-Primo-2.0-Release-9.6.2.209584-October-2011

For your convenience, here are the direct links to the packages:
480x272 [Please Register or Login to download file]
800x400 [Please Register or Login to download file]

[color="#FF0000"]Password for all archives = http://www.navitotal.com[/color]
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby terzer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks, I'll try them :)
terzer offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:18 pm

terzer wrote:Can I merge schemes? Here's the situation: I like one scheme very much, but it doesn't have topographical elevations for the mountains ect. I looked in the topo scheme. Which lines from the ini do I have to edit, in order to change the elevation colors?

No reason why you could not try...essentially making your own scheme. I would back up the two you want to play with, then copy to your PC, compare the two color.ini files, and start copying/pasting whatever differences you want (from the [color] sections) into one, then try it in your device and see what happens until you get it exactly how you want. I would suggest that, instead of unzipping/re-zipping, use a program such as WinRar that will allow you to open/edit the color.ini file(s) without actually unzipping the entire scheme file. In many cases unzipping and re-zipping an iGo/Primo file will break it. I don't know about scheme.zip files exactly, but better safe than sorry.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby terzer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:06 pm

I tried to copy the RGB colors from my scheme to the scheme with topographical elevations, but in igo the colours are completely different. I think the content.nng file in topo scheme is causing this, because when I copy the colours to a scheme without content.nng file, they're fine. I think that content.nng is the topographical file. I don't know how to edit it.
terzer offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:19 pm

terzer wrote:I think that content.nng is the topographical file. I don't know how to edit it.

Content.nng is a license-type file. It has nothing to do with any scheme colors, etc, and a "custom" scheme should work fine without it. Just rename your customized scheme.zip to a unique name. In the Topo scheme, the only things that affect color are the color.ini file, and the dayheightcolormap.bmp.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core