how to stop Primo automatically restarting again after being shutdown.   

how to stop Primo automatically restarting again after being shutdown.

Postby catsmokey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 pm

hi
i'm using Primo 1.1 [same thing happens with P2] running directly from SD card ~ when i shut the device down it closes & then immediatly automatically restarts.
i tried in systxt [both with & without ";"], but they didn't work:-
[power]
;skip_suspend_process=1
;skip_resume_process=1
;skip_suspend_process_all=1
;skip_resume_process_all=1

is their anything i can put into systxt to stop the automatic restart?
thank you
catsmokey
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Do you mean you're suspending the device and when it's woken up again it reboots?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

when i shut it down, when i have finished using it, it automatically loads up again.
i've just picked up a viamichelin x980 & have got it to run primo ~ with my x960 it would shut down & go to the viamichelin flash page & i could turn it off ~ the x980 turns off & automatically restarts again, not giving me a chance to shut it down.
thku fot your thgts
catsmokey
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:20 pm

What happens, and what shows on the screen, when you just Exit Primo?
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:23 pm

when i shut down it goes through the exiting sequence; then it goes straight into the startup sequence & goes to the normal menu page [both without & with different skins installed].
thku
catsmokey offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:30 pm

On some devices (including my Mio M400) Primo reboots the system when exiting, I never figured out why!

Sounds like it's doing the same thing here, Can you suspend or shut down the device while Primo is open?
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:30 am

yes i can suspend & shutdown the device while primo is open ~ as it happens on other devices it looks like something i'll have to live with.
thku
catsmokey
catsmokey offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:00 am

Because of this rebooting issue I just turn off the device instead, nothing bad has happened yet.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 am

catsmokey wrote:as it happens on other devices it looks like something i'll have to live with.

I would agree with that. Instead of being a "Navigation Software Thing", it sounds like more of a "Device Thing".
Perhaps by replacing the original software, something was lost that would normally return to an original selection/start menu before shutting down, and with that bit 'missing' the device has lost it's way and just reboots.
Whether it might be worth the time and energy to find the WHY and attempting to fix it is open for debate.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:52 am

@catsmokey

Have you tried doing a hard reset? What about if you delete the save folder entirely and just re-do the options?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:37 pm

tried a hard reset etc as FBF & yt say i'll just have 2 live with it; which is not the end of the world
thku
catsmokey offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Weirdly on my Medion Gopal only Primo 1.0 and 2.0 reboot on exit, 1.1 and 1.2 don't..? :crazy:
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby agent smith » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:31 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:I would agree with that. Instead of being a "Navigation Software Thing", it sounds like more of a "Device Thing".
Perhaps by replacing the original software, something was lost that would normally return to an original selection/start menu before shutting down, and with that bit 'missing' the device has lost it's way and just reboots.
Whether it might be worth the time and energy to find the WHY and attempting to fix it is open for debate.

I have the same problem, but I experienced it only when using Primo 2.0, it reboots the device immediately after shutdown (exiting Primo).
I used the device before with iGo 8.3.4, and it never did this weird thing, I could always shut it down with the exit button, the device never restarted. Anyway, the device is a Navigon 1210. So I suppose, in my case it is not a "device thingy". Any idea?
agent smith offline

Postby aronqwerty » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 am

I found these directions on another site. I hope I never make a mistake if I did not mention the site but can not remember what it was.

"Primo restart on exit, if 1 od these 3 licenses is in license folder:

NavOn_N480_Primo_NQFEU_09Q4_Truck.lyc

NavOn Primo PNA HU-R-CZ WEU@09Q4 (NQ, DEM, POI, TMC-Ireland, 3DLM, PSL, JuncV) Content SD #3.lyc

PearlAgency PNA [email protected]

reason why this happens, is that , all these 3 licenses are by default located on SD CARD,
and Primo looks for presence some of theme on SD CARD at exit, but if they are on internal memory,
Primo exit and restart OS... Probably NNG for some of OEM partners did this type of licensing ond SD CARDs..."

Sorry for my english...
aronqwerty offline

Postby agent smith » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

aronqwerty wrote:I found these directions on another site. I hope I never make a mistake if I did not mention the site but can not remember what it was.

"Primo restart on exit, if 1 od these 3 licenses is in license folder:

NavOn_N480_Primo_NQFEU_09Q4_Truck.lyc

NavOn Primo PNA HU-R-CZ WEU@09Q4 (NQ, DEM, POI, TMC-Ireland, 3DLM, PSL, JuncV) Content SD #3.lyc

PearlAgency PNA [email protected]

reason why this happens, is that , all these 3 licenses are by default located on SD CARD,
and Primo looks for presence some of theme on SD CARD at exit, but if they are on internal memory,
Primo exit and restart OS... Probably NNG for some of OEM partners did this type of licensing ond SD CARDs..."

Sorry for my english...

Thanks mate, your english was good enough to understand what you wrote down. And you're right! I deleted these license files, and the restart gone!
Thanks again, now the device is perfect without this annoying "feature".
agent smith offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core