How to enable GPS-receiver ?   

How to enable GPS-receiver ?

Postby Ton » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:23 am

As I want to run iGO Primo on my Mio Moov Spirit S505, I unlocked it with MioPocket.
Both iGO Primo (1.1 and 1.2) and Amigo start up fine, but the GPS-receiver seems to be disabled. In Primo I get after a while a box on top of the screen readin ‘gps receiver disabled’. Next to that box there is another box reading ‘enable gps receiver’. Hitting that box does not make any difference: the gps receiver remains disabled.
My guess is I miss a line in some script that enables the gps receiver when iGO starts up.
The gps receiver itself is not broken as it works fine with the original software.
R/T
Ton offline

Postby nabi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:29 am

Am I missing something?
The GPS receiver doesn't work in Amigo nor in Primo? And works with the original software? What about other software like iGO8?

I am saying this because Primo v1.2 seem to give problems on some devices, concerning hardware implementation (GPS - TMC). So when it is all not original software then I think the unlock method is to blame here.
If not, my answer would have been to add in sys.txt the port and baud and also to delete the save folder, next perform a restart.

But I think the Spirit S series need a different unlock than other Mio devices. I also think there is a way around. Anyway, I am no unlocker, so someone elses input would be appreciated. I believe Dalanik's visual method works flawlessly.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:07 pm

If I could help, you might want to look here:

[Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ton » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Problem was not to unlock, just not being able to find the gps receiver.
I tried MioPocket Lite and everything worked just fine. I think MioPocket does not work very well with the Mio Moov-series (I had the same experience with my Mio Moov 500).
Only thing I have to figure out now, is how to get TMC working with iGO.
R/T
Ton offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:28 pm

And that's why I pointed you to the above site. You might have to change your unlock.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:59 pm

I agree. It's not that you could easily unlock the Spirit, that the unlock method is the right one for enabling all on the Spirit.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Ton » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Would you know of an unlock of the Spirit that enables also the TMC-function when using iGO ?
R/Ton
Ton offline

Postby nabi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Please reread posts #2 and #3.
But we can give no guarantee.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby markrl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:43 pm

It may be that the reason you cannot find the GPS receiver is because it is already in use by the original software on your Mio. It cannot be found because its already locked and in use. The hardware cannot be accessed by more then one GPS software system at a time.
markrl offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:57 am

Try this little app, It reads data from any port and forwards it to another port. It can help to get hardware and software talking to each other.

Run Portsplitter.exe
Select GPS (or TMC) port and baud in the Input section
Select spare port in the output section (Any unused port will do) in the bottom box
Tap Add
Tap START

Change GPS application port settings to match the output port (Baud rate remains unchanged)

If it now works post back and i can write a little script to automate the above process.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ton » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:33 pm

I used portsplitter to redirect both TMC_COM and SW_TMC COM1, but still no result :-(
R/Ton
Ton offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Did you try using the mio_moov.zip unlock that chas suggested? This unlock works by starting the original software and killing it, This starts certain hardware drivers which miopocket might not, You can still use miopocket with this unlock
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ton » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 am

This is going to be my next try.
May a reason PortSplitter did not work be that I did not use the correct baudrate perhaps ?
Using PortSplitter learned me that there are two ports related to TMC: TMC_COM and SW_TMC COM1 but I don't know the difference between both.
Finally I just used MioPocket and MioPocket Lite because I'm familiar with both which I'm not with the one you suggested.
I'll keep you posted about the results.
R/Ton
Ton offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:04 am

Rename the mioautorun files first otherwise miopocket will take over, you can set the above unlock to run it at startup.

If installed correctly your device will boot to a blue desktop.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Ton » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 am

Googling around did not fuel my optimism to get the internal TMC of my Mio Moov Sprit working with iGO.
I can not get behind the reason why, and I'm puzzled why the internal TMC on my Navigon does connect with iGO and works like a charm with iGO !

Using another unlock may be a workaround because changing from MioPocket to MioPocket Lite did solve the issue I had with finding the gps receiver. I still have to try MioMoov_unlock, but as I said, googling around did not make me very optimistic.

Using portsplitter did not work for me so far. May be because I do not know the difference between the two ports TMC_COM and SW_TMC COM1, and may be because I did not use the correct baudrate as I do not know what to fill in here.

As far as I can oversee, the necessary TMC drivers are not loaded when starting iGO. If these drivers can be identified, it may be possible to add a few lines in the start up script to start them up.

Although I'm not a programmer, I would be gratefull if someone could shine some light on my question about de ports (types and baudrates) and about which drivers are needed to activate the TMC receiver.

R/Ton
Ton offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core