How to amend the color.ini file in a Scheme?   

How to amend the color.ini file in a Scheme?

Postby adrianmol » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 am

I need to amend the colors in a Scheme to make my Primo 2 device usable on a motorcycle in bright sunshine. I have WinRar and I have tried modifying the RGB codes within the color.ini file and I have tried unzipping, modifying and re-zipping but whatever I do I get an error on boot up until I remove my amended Scheme. Hopefully I am missing something obvious or I need an editing tool other than Notepad.

I want to amend the colors is because I use my Primo on a motorbike and in a convertible. With my previous iGo8 device I found the TDi10 scheme was the best to use. It may look boring having a red route on a white background but it works really well in sunlight and I would like to adapt one of my iGo9 Schemes to be like TDi10. I also need to change the DayHeightColorMap.bmp used by the Scheme to the one I prefer to use.

Many thanks
Adrianmol

Primo 2 - Favourite Skin Decent_Colour_Multi 3.8. I have created my own Schemes & dayheightcolor.bmps that work well in bright light for use on a motorcycle and in a convertible. I like being able to customise my GPS to suit me.

iGo8 8.3.4 - Favourite Skin diMka 1.1.39(c) Tomsoft. After using diMka for over a year I now find that having 22 buttons on a screen is just too complicated when driving.
adrianmol offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 am

Do not unzip the archive! winrar allows you to work within the archive and then update the edited files inside the archive afterwards, unzipping and rezipping causes errors like you describe.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrianmol » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 am

Hi FatBoyFun

I have tried what you suggest many times. The only change I have made is to one line

0 = "ground", 235, 245, 245,1

When I close Notepad I accept the option to save and when I close WinRar I accept the option to save. Then when I try to load Primo it will not load, it falls over at the Prepare for UI phase and takes me back to WinCE.
Adrianmol

Primo 2 - Favourite Skin Decent_Colour_Multi 3.8. I have created my own Schemes & dayheightcolor.bmps that work well in bright light for use on a motorcycle and in a convertible. I like being able to customise my GPS to suit me.

iGo8 8.3.4 - Favourite Skin diMka 1.1.39(c) Tomsoft. After using diMka for over a year I now find that having 22 buttons on a screen is just too complicated when driving.
adrianmol offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 am

What is the original line and what would you like it to be?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 am

FWIW

What I find the most simple program to make changes in any *.zip or *.rar file is TotalCommander.
Just double click to open a file/folder and click on [..] to go one step back ([/ ] to go to the root). Press F3 to read/explore a textfile, F4 to open a texteditor.
Moving/Copying a file in or out a (zipped) folder is just doing it from left to right or right to left (F6/F5), deleting a file is just press DEL or F8
Never had any problem at all doing it this way.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby adrianmol » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt replies. I have downloaded Total Commander and it works. I can now edit the color.ini file on my device, save it and iGo9 will now load and enable me to use the amended Scheme. Maybe the issue with WinRar was caused by me using the 64bit version of Windows 7. Total commander reminds me of Xtree from the old DOS days so I find it is easy to use.

Thanks again
Adrianmol

adrianmol offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for the update :D

THREAD_CLOSED
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core