Help With an Old Mio c310X   

Help With an Old Mio c310X

Postby ftd » Tue May 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Let me start with saying that any help will be greatly appreciated...

I have an old Mio c310X that I have not used in sometime. It has MioMap 3.2 installed on the internal flash and I have a unlock SD card that contains Miomap 3.3 with 2007 maps. I would like to at least be able to update the maps so my son would be able to use this for Geocaching, or even for resale so I could recover a few dollars. I tried the 2013 Q3 TomTom maps running the Miomap 3.3 and I get an error that my maps are out of date even though they are current. I assume this is a license issue, but I am not sure if that is the case or if the newer maps cannot be used by the old software. So my questions are:

1.) If it is a license issue, is there a correct license for the maps that I could load to the SD card? I thought Mio was based on iGo, but I do not know how that translates to licenses and hardware.
2.) If the maps cannot be updated, then this is just an outdated device that is useless from the point of the internal storage. Is there an option to remove the Miomap from internal memory and load the current iGo or Primo?

Thanks.
ftd offline

Re: Help With an Old Mio c310X

Postby filesupload100 » Tue May 13, 2014 7:04 pm

You can not add/replace license nor using other maps with the app you have.
The way to solve it, is to unlock the device, and to install iGO/Primo, so you can use the content (maps, poi, etc.) from this site.

Until one of the experts will answer you, here's a link for a similar discussion was here recently on other Mio device.
It will give you an idea of ​​what you need to deal with.
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby chas521 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:35 pm

He can use the C320 info in your link but he will have to modify some files to his resolution of 320_240. Right now it's set to 480_272. He also might need to play with the X,Y axis numbers.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ftd » Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 pm

chas521 wrote:He can use the C320 info in your link but he will have to modify some files to his resolution of 320_240. Right now it's set to 480_272. He also might need to play with the X,Y axis numbers.

Thanks! I was able to load the 3.3 Primo2 unlock to the flash and the splash screen to select the various navigation panes loads. As you said the resolution is off. Could you tell me which file I need to edit the resolution for that splash screen. Also, am I correct in thinking I would need to edit the sys.txt files for each of the various navigation programs for the 320_240.
ftd offline

Postby chas521 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:07 pm

In the unlock is a "launchpad" folder. In the launchpad folder is a "main" folder. Inside the main folder are the various files that you must edit. Open each file separately and near the top under "global settings" you see the numbers 480 and 272. Those numbers will be changed by you to 320 and 240. You'll also see X and Y axis numbers in each file. These refer to the placement of the picture icon. X = left to right and Y = top to bottom. If the icons are "off" in the unlock, the X,Y numbers are the ones that you'll change. This is trial and error so you'll have to do this on your own. Who knows, you may not have to do much with those numbers. Remember to save the files before exiting them. Post your results.

As to your other question, my suggestion is to stick only with Igo navs - iGO8 and Primo. Both programs can be found here. This is what you should add to the sys.txts:

[interface]
resolution_dir="320_240"
vga=0

[rawdisplay]
highres=0
screen_x=320
screen_y=240
class="landscape"

Don't forget to delete the save folder.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core